Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Judge Sullivan Takes Control of Asylum Law

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #11
    Senior Member stoptheinvaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    No matter how many times you post that story, it doesn't change the fact that it is wrong.

    You need 60 votes to pass a bill in the US Senate.


    That's the excuse the spineless R's use---you know the ones pretending to want border security and playing the game.

    and yes, I will continue to post it, because I have read your "we need 60 votes" excuse hundreds of times, and I believe the readers, the citizens, the voters, need to know the truth!
    Don’t we need 60 votes to pass this, you might ask? The answer is very simple. If McConnell and his colleagues actually used the Senate rules and fought for our sovereignty with the same vigor with which they fight for Supreme Court justices, the border wall could prevail.

    There is a big misconception that it takes 60 votes to pass anything in the Senate. That is not true. The reality is that the majority party controls the “chair,” aka presiding officer, and the majority gets to rule on motions with simple majority votes. A bill can also be passed with a simple majority, eventually. Where the 60-vote threshold comes into play is only if Democrats choose to hold the floor and continuously engage in debate. To shut off debate without any tedious brinkmanship, yes, it takes 60 votes (or procedural unanimous consent) to proceed to the bill. However, given that this is the end of the line for GOP trifecta control, there is no greater issue than border security, and Democrats will be made to look like the ultimate obstructionists on behalf of illegal aliens and drug cartels, isn’t it worth it to finally force them to engage in a talking filibuster until they relent?

    Daniel Horowitz

    MW likes this.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

  2. #12
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    You and quite a few other people threw our cause under the bus in the mid-terms and seem to be intent on rolling over it in 2020. It's a very strange political marketing strategy, never seen anything like it before.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-22-2018 at 04:04 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  3. #13
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You and quite a few other people threw our cause under the bus in the mid-terms and seem to be intent on rolling over it in 2020. It's a very strange political marketing strategy, never seen anything like it before.
    Wow, so now we're playing the blame game against each other? We're all in this together. Just because everyone doesn't think or feel like you doesn't make them right or wrong and it certainly doesn't mean they threw our cause under the bus.

    Just so happens the majority of the Republicans that lost in the mid-terms were an enemy to our cause. Yes, they were illegal alien amnesty supporters! If anyone is hurting "our cause" it's those folks that are constantly defending pro-amnesty supporting Republican politicians. I say good riddance to any amnesty supporting Republican that lost their election.

    I like to know exactly who my enemy is and I'd prefer not to have them hiding out among us pretending to be Republicans. I want to look across to the Democrat side of the aisle and see my enemy, not look next to me and see an enemy pretending to be an ally.
    stoptheinvaders and Beezer like this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  4. #14
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post


    Wow, so now we're playing the blame game against each other? We're all in this together. Just because everyone doesn't think or feel like you doesn't make them right or wrong and it certainly doesn't mean they threw our cause under the bus.

    Just so happens the majority of the Republicans that lost in the mid-terms were an enemy to our cause. Yes, they were illegal alien amnesty supporters! If anyone is hurting "our cause" it's those folks that are constantly defending pro-amnesty supporting Republican politicians. I say good riddance to any amnesty supporting Republican that lost their election.

    I like to know exactly who my enemy is and I'd prefer not to have them hiding out among us pretending to be Republicans. I want to look across to the Democrat side of the aisle and see my enemy, not look next to me and see an enemy pretending to be an ally.
    The Republican Party is a political campaign organization with one goal and that is to win elections. That's why it exists, same as all political parties. If you are not working to promote the Republican candidates in the General Election, then obviously you are not a Republican. You may vote Republican sometimes, you may lean towards Republican "values", but if and when you are actively and earnestly working against Republican candidates in a General Election, for whatever reason, then you are not a Republican. You are something else, which is fine, your right to be, but that is not being a Republican. It's very easy to know who is and is not a Republican, it's how they vote, who they promote, who they campaign for and who they work against in a General Election.

    ALIPAC is a lobbying organization and ALIPAC and any member or supporter here of our cause is free to support any candidate from any party for any reason, whether the candidate is a Republican, a Democrat, a Libertarian, a Greenie, a Weenie, a Conservative, or whatever. Just own it and be honest about it. If you think DemoQuacks will further our cause, that's great, make your case. It's been my experience that DemoQuacks are open borders, build their membership through illegal and legal immigration and use that political power to keep flooding our nation with people we don't need, want or can sustain successfully.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-22-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  5. #15
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The Republican Party is a political campaign organization with one goal and that is to win elections. That's why it exists, same as all political parties. If you are not working to promote the Republican candidates in the General Election, then obviously you are not a Republican. You may vote Republican sometimes, you may lean towards Republican "values", but if and when you are actively and earnestly working against Republican candidates in a General Election, for whatever reason, then you are not a Republican. You are something else, which is fine, your right to be, but that is not being a Republican. It's very easy to know who is and is not a Republican, it's how they vote, who they promote, who they campaign for and who they work against in a General Election.

    ALIPAC is a lobbying organization and ALIPAC and any member or supporter here of our cause is free to support any candidate from any party for any reason, whether the candidate is a Republican, a Democrat, a Libertarian, a Greenie, a Weenie, a Conservative, or whatever. Just own it and be honest about it. If you think DemoQuacks will further our cause, that's great, make your case. It's been my experience that DemoQuacks are open borders, build their membership through illegal and legal immigration and use that political power to keep flooding our nation with people we don't need, want or can sustain successfully.
    Don't judge me and don't pretend to know who I am. Not that it is any of your business, but I've been a registered Republican my whole voting life. I've never voted on a Democrat because we are about as far apart on social values as you can get. However, you on the other hand, are about as socially liberal as anyone I've ever known .... does that mean you would vote on a Democrat? On environmental issues, I lean more left, but even that isn't enough for me to ever support a Democrat.

    You go on voting and supporting open border/pro-amnesty Republicans and I'll go on opposing them at every turn! However, don't start crying when they stab our cause in the back because you knew they were going to do that when you supported them.
    Last edited by MW; 12-22-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    stoptheinvaders likes this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  6. #16
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    I don't know who you are or what you are. All I know is what you post. I know you have posted for almost two years a hate campaign on a Republican President who supports our cause and has worked every single day to promote our cause and solve our problems related to illegal immigration as well as excess legal immigration.

    I know you have posted regularly during General Elections against Republican candidates, more so this mid-term than previously.

    You have every right to hate Trump, you posted you were a Cruz supporter, your right to be one.

    You have every right to try to replace Pro-Amnesty Republicans with Open Border Pro-Amnesty DemoQuacks, and brag and boast about it regularly as you are now.

    But no Republican would replace any Republican with an Open Border Pro-Amnesty DemoQuack. That would be stupid, counter-productive and completely irrational.

    I don't consider you irrational, I see you as someone with a very meticulous well-plotted plan. I do not know what your plan is, only the outcome of it, which was Open Border Pro-Amnesty DemoQuacks taking full and complete control of the US House of Representatives in 2018 mif-term elections.

    That outcome is not in the best interest of our cause, quite to the contrary.

    Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-22-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  7. #17
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I don't know who you are or what you are. All I know is what you post. I know you have posted for almost two years a hate campaign on a Republican President who supports our cause and has worked every single day to promote our cause and solve our problems related to illegal immigration as well as excess legal immigration.

    I know you have posted regularly during General Elections against Republican candidates, more so this mid-term than previously.

    You have every right to hate Trump, you posted you were a Cruz supporter, your right to be one.

    You have every right to try to replace Pro-Amnesty Republicans with Open Border Pro-Amnesty DemoQuacks, and brag and boast about it regularly as you are now.

    But no Republican would replace any Republican with an Open Border Pro-Amnesty DemoQuack. That would be stupid, counter-productive and completely irrational.

    I don't consider you irrational, I see you as someone with a very meticulous well-plotted plan. I do not know what your plan is, only the outcome of it, which was Open Border Pro-Amnesty DemoQuacks taking full and complete control of the US House of Representatives in 2018 mif-term elections.

    That outcome is not in the best interest of our cause, quite to the contrary.

    Just my opinion.
    know you have posted regularly during General Elections against Republican candidates, more so this mid-term than previously.
    I've only posted against open border/pro-amnesty Republicans congresspersons. As for President Trump, you're darn right I'm going to hold his feet to the fire on broken promises and stupid moves that hurt our cause.

    You have every right to hate Trump, you posted you were a Cruz supporter, your right to be one.
    Why does it matter who I supported during the primaries? Just as you, I voted for Donald Trump in the presidential election.

    But no Republican would replace any Republican with an Open Border Pro-Amnesty DemoQuack. That would be stupid, counter-productive and completely irrational.


    So is that what you're accusing me of? Obviously you need to read what I wrote a little closer. I clearly stated I have never voted for a Democrat. I'm a registered Republican, but I refuse to support an open border/pro amnesty Republican!

    I don't consider you irrational, I see you as someone with a very meticulous well-plotted plan. I do not know what your plan is, only the outcome of it, which was Open Border Pro-Amnesty DemoQuacks taking full and complete control of the US House of Representatives in 2018 mif-term elections.


    So know you're labeling me as a traitor simply because I refuse to support open border/pro-amnesty Republicans? I don't appreciate your unsubstantiated label, nor do I appreciate your purposely lying about my motivations.



    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  8. #18
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    I'm not labeling you anything and have no clue what your motivations are. I'm labeling your posts as contradictory to our cause here to secure our borders, end illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration, something that can not be achieved by electing or helping to elect DemoQuacks to the US Congress, as well as conflicting with the Republican Party objectives which is simply to elect Republicans to public office.

    I don't care who you voted for, you're free to vote for whoever you want.

    The fact remains that when you post against Republicans in a General Election and rant and rave about Trump, our Republican President, all day, you are aiding and abetting DemoQuackery that enables them to win elections they would not otherwise win giving them power they would not otherwise have to destroy our mission and defeat our cause.

    If you were doing these posts to help our cause, then in my opinion, it was a failed strategy and you need a different approach.

    Just my opinion.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  9. #19
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I'm not labeling you anything and have no clue what your motivations are. I'm labeling your posts as contradictory to our cause here to secure our borders, end illegal immigration and reduce legal immigration, something that can not be achieved by electing or helping to elect DemoQuacks to the US Congress, as well as conflicting with the Republican Party objectives which is simply to elect Republicans to public office.

    I don't care who you voted for, you're free to vote for whoever you want.

    The fact remains that when you post against Republicans in a General Election and rant and rave about Trump, our Republican President, all day, you are aiding and abetting DemoQuackery that enables them to win elections they would not otherwise win giving them power they would not otherwise have to destroy our mission and defeat our cause.

    If you were doing these posts to help our cause, then in my opinion, it was a failed strategy and you need a different approach.

    Just my opinion.
    And this is coming from someone who doesn't even support our Presidents fight for border wall funding. Win or lose, it's a fight that needed to happen. You just keep supporting open border/pro-amnesty supporting Republicans if you choose, but please don't come on here whining when they stab us in the back. Oh, and I guess you thought your constant attacks on Jeff Sessions was all for the good of our cause. Please .......
    Last edited by MW; 12-22-2018 at 11:19 PM.
    stoptheinvaders likes this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  10. #20
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    I will always choose to support the Republican candidate in a General Election, even if I don't agree with all of their positions on all of the issues, because I am a Republican.

    My complaints against Jeff Sessions' recusal from the Russia Hoax was for the good of our country and had nothing to do with our cause here. Jeff Sessions made a horrible inexplicable decision to recuse himself from an illegitimate corrupt investigation that he should have squashed a year and a half ago. He then should have investigated the people behind this Hoax and prosecuted them to the fullest extent of the law.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Urged to Free Asylum-Seekers Before Trump Takes Office
    By lorrie in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 05:26 PM
  2. FL - Asylum judge known as tough
    By Jean in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 11:19 PM
  3. Mexican Journalist to Ask Judge for U.S. Asylum
    By stevetheroofer in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 10:28 AM
  4. Mexican Police chief seeks asylum as lawlessness takes over
    By zeezil in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 09:22 PM
  5. OK: Sullivan takes aim at local immigration issue
    By Jean in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •