Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just got through to McConnell

She put me on hold for a short time. Since the line was busy, busy, I said, "You're busy today?"

She said yes.

I asked her how many were calling and saying NO....she said, "thousands and thousands."

Told her to add another one!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

good job
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WooHOOOOO ~ Now, if only they'd listen to us!
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Called Sen. Bunning, Ky. too.

He's always been against this, but I called anyway. She said that he has not changed his mind...told her to tell him he got 3 cheers from me!

This is all anecdotal, and not very scientific, but...

The call ratios (pro/against) I have heard of so far on S1348 this year, on the lowest low-end estimates for some senators in some states (probably the left-most outliers in the overall view of things) have been 3:1 or 4:1. On the opposite end, some senator's staffers have told me their call ratios have been on the order of hundreds or thousands to 1.

That being the case, why then, would ANY senator vote for S1348 knowing that the majority of opinions expressed to that office (and, incidentally, a majority of Americans) do not support the bill?
    (eg. if they are considering voting for S1348 anyway, then they clearly do not understand what their job is, or they have demonstrated blatant disregard for the concept of 'majority rule' - especially on such an important issue).

"When the people lead, the leaders will follow."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can't get through to McConnell office. The lines have been busy. But that's a good thing. Will keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    This is all anecdotal, and not very scientific, but...

The call ratios (pro/against) I have heard of so far on S1348 this year, on the lowest low-end estimates for some senators in some states (probably the left-most outliers in the overall view of things) have been 3:1 or 4:1. On the opposite end, some senator's staffers have told me their call ratios have been on the order of hundreds or thousands to 1.

That being the case, why then, would ANY senator vote for S1348 knowing that the majority of opinions expressed to that office (and, incidentally, a majority of Americans) do not support the bill?
    (eg. if they are considering voting for S1348 anyway, then they clearly do not understand what their job is, or they have demonstrated blatant disregard for the concept of 'majority rule' - especially on such an important issue).

"When the people lead, the leaders will follow."
    Why would they press on? I read this morning on www.congress.org...a poster said that in S1348, is a passage that points to the NAU, and the roads of trucking in more and more cheap Chinese crap....

Don't forget their district offices when line is busy. Work both high and low ends to cover bases.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I also called McConnell's office. I inquired about his support of this bill. A staffer responded he was opposed to it and voted against clouture twice.

I couldn't tell if her fingers were crossed.

Called and faxed both OH Senators.

He voted against cloture, but said last Thursdsay something about the bill should be brought back up & he'd work with Reid.

Finally got through. They're swamped. Majority of calls are against amnesty bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast