Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've been very interested in the border issue since the late 70's or early 80's when Joseph Wambaugh wrote a non fiction book about the border at San Diego. The name of the book was Lines and Shadows. It chronicled the efforts of a task force of Federal, state and city police to deal with violence on the border. I think about that book when I hear about how only the Border Patrol can legally deal with these issues. In fact I think it was the San Diego police department that initiated the task force.

Again to echo Roy Becks sentiment. keeping pressure on all Senators is essential at this point, to creat doubt even in those Senators supporting Amnesty is the goal here, lets make them understand that catering to Big Business, neglecting the will of the American People will no longer be Toleratered and there will be a price to pay in September, this goes for you Congressman too.
    Member of New York*Chapter of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
    Member of*10th Mountain Division Assco.

CivilianAgain, I agree with you. It ain't over until it's over.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At this point stalling any Bill with Amnesty, Dream, Etc until September would be in our favor. Im spending my day off today calling all Regional Veteran of Foreign War Offices to muster up support.

I URGE ALL US MILITARY VETERANS TO CONTACT YOUR SENATORS AND CONGRESSMAN ASAP ON THIS MATTER.

I don't think they should stall any longer getting the border closed, personally. I want them to close the border YESTERDAY. The longer they monkey around and leave the border open, the more illegal aliens will be here to deal with.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I understand your Veiwpoint JuniusJnr, but any Bill passed with Amnesty would render Border Security worthless at this point IMHO, simply put, Time is on our side because Americans are finally waking up and the opposition is rapidly losing support across the board as Polls are indicating. There must be NO AMNESTY under any circumstances.

CivilianAgain, I agree about the Amnesty stand but what good will it do if more keep coming while they stall around? If they don't start securing the borders, that will definitely happen. Just them talking about granting amnesty has upped the total number of invaders four fold in the last couple months.

I don't care if they stall on the amnesty forever (they will leave by attrition that way) as long as the borders are closed so no more can get here.

I agree, we should close off our Borders completely, but this would require a Military solution rather than a Political or Diplomatic one, and yes we do have the Military Assets to close off all Human Traffic on our Southern Flank. To assume a Major Military Posture on the US/ Mexican Border would have grave Political consequences in Washington and abroad. I do agree that the US Border Patrol is undermanned and under equipped for the amount of area they must cover, at present they have 1 or 2 GlobalHawks (Unmanned Airborne Surveillance System) and very little Airborne Deployment capabilities. I would support a Low profile Deployment of Military Assets at this time such as 1 Light Infantry Division (11,000 men) with (AirBorne Deployment Assets), 1 US Air Force E-8 JSTAR. This would help secure our border and just be seen as a Police Action by most. I feel this would be Acceptable to the American Public at this time and certainly justifieable givin the current circumstance on our Borders. This Deployment would Remain until some Political Solution could be effected by Washington.

See? They do have the means. But I think those 11,000 soldiers should be 33,000 to keep the same guys from being there 24/7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12