Just yesterday, a woman walked up to me and said, "Hola". I said, "Hi".

She handed me a prescription along with a medicaid card. I went to enter it and I asked her name and address and date of birth. She could not answer.

I reluctantly proceeded to drop some hints as to what I needed in Spanish. She then took out an official card from her wallet. It was a voter ID card from Mexico. It said something "Official Government Elections" in Spanish. I said, "Okay, is this your name?" She said, "Si".
Then I needed her address and she pulled out an ID card from Mexico with another name on it and an address in Mexico.

I looked at her and said, "This is not going to help me get the information that I need." Then she suddenly whipped our her wallet and flashed a U.S. Social Security card.

I said, "May I see that again?"

Sure enough it was just like mine. After she left I thought to myself, I should have said, "HEY, that's MY social security number!!"

Knowing that I was most likely dealing with a fraudulent case of medicaid use, I had no recourse but to fill the prescription.

When she left, she said, "Gracias".

I said, "You're Welcome."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few minutes later a Black American man walked up to me with his prescription.

He said, "Hi!" I said, "Hi! May I help you?"

He said, "I need to fill this this prescription, but it's expensive. I wanted to know if I could purchase only 5 of them and then return on Friday and buy five more and do it that way rather than purchasing the whole thing at once.

I said, "Sure."

While I filled it he told me how he had worked in the auto industry in Michigan, but lost his job and since he had developed a health problem he had moved to Georgia to be near some family.

He purchased it and said, "Thank you very much, I really appreciate it."

I said, "You're so welcome, Sir."

(Just another day in Bush, Fox and Calderone's America. )