Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes, I think that they would continue to purchase our debt so long as we remain the most likely entity on Earth to repay that debt.
    There is no way 9 Trillion is ever going to be paid back, especially since there seems to be no end to additional debt being incurred on top of it. If that kind of situation is considered the lowest risk, I shudder.

Beyond that, there are certainly ulterior motives for the purchase of federal debt.
    Yes, indeedy...
    The New America: Of the System, by the System and for the System

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthOfTheCity
    Yes, I think that they would continue to purchase our debt so long as we remain the most likely entity on Earth to repay that debt.
    There is no way 9 Trillion is ever going to be paid back, especially since there seems to be no end to additional debt being incurred on top of it. If that kind of situation is considered the lowest risk, I shudder.

[quote:25zn5gn3] Beyond that, there are certainly ulterior motives for the purchase of federal debt.
    Yes, indeedy...[/quote:25zn5gn3]

What I am saying is that we will continue to service our debt. Does a mortgage company care whether you ever pay off your house or instead keep refinancing through fresh home equity loans, so long as you continue to make your payments?

As far as whether the 9 trillion could be paid back, we could accomplish that by reallocating the insurance superfund alone. To my knowledge, that fund has never been tapped - not even in the wake of Katrina. If it's not there to serve a purpose it should be rolled back into the general budget.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123