http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive...20semillas.pdf Judicial Watch updated report on Seperatist School

Email announcing this updated report follows:

Judicial Watch Releases New Report on Mexican Separatist School

You may recall a couple of months ago I told you that Judicial Watch launched an investigation of a taxpayer-funded Mexican separatist school that was apparently brainwashing children to hate the United States. Last week, Judicial Watch released a new special report summarizing the evidence we’ve collected thus far, and I think you are going to be very disturbed by what we found.

According to our report, entitled, Academia Semillas del Pueblo (Seeds of the People Academy): Training the Next Generation of Mexican Revolutionaries with American Tax Dollars, this “school” is really nothing more than a training ground for the Mexican reconquista movement (which has concocted an insane plan to conquer the American southwest and return it to Mexico.)

I really hope you take the time to read through this report in its entirety, but here are a few of the highlights:

· Academia is led by Mexican revolutionary radical Marcos Aguilar, who recently told an interviewer with UCLA’s Teaching to Change L.A.: “We don’t necessarily want to go to White schools…the White way, the American way, the neo liberal, capitalist way of life will eventually lead to our own destruction.”

· Academia offers an 8th grade United States history and geography class entitled, “A People’s history of Expansion and Conflict – A thematic survey of American politics, society, culture and political economy; Emphasis throughout on the nations the U.S. usurped, invaded and dominated; Connections between historical rise of capitalism and imperialism with modern political economy and global social relations.”

· Academia is funded by the Mexican reconquista organization National Council of La Raza (or National Council of the Race). Moreover, Aguilar previously served as a leader of M.E.Ch.A., a radical student-run Chicano organization, while attending UCLA. According to M.E.Ch.A.’s official statement of principles, “Aztlan (the American southwest) belongs to indigenous people, who are sovereign and not subject to a foreign culture…We are a union of free pueblos forming a bronze Nation.”

· According to Academia’s original charter application, the school targets “communities [that] are highly self-identified as Latino.” English instruction for Academia’s students does not begin until the fourth grade.

· According to statistics from the California Department of Education, Aguilar’s school achieved the lowest ranking possible on its "Academic Performance Index."

What I find most shocking about this school is the fact that Aguilar did not try to hide his radical agenda when he sought government funding in 2001. His plans are laid out in detail in his original charter application. The real scandal here is that the Los Angeles Unified School District bought it. So far, taxpayers have given Aguilar $1.6 million. The school’s charter is due for review this year. It should be revoked.