Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Keep Your Eyes on the Mowhawk Ind. Prize!

The U.S. Supreme Court is now considering a case where a manufacturer knowingly hired a number of illegal immigrents and then contracted with other companies that also knowingly hired illegal immigrents was sued by the remaining employees. The suit claims that by practicing illegal activities, hiring of illegals is criminal, the company drove down it's salaries and damaged the other employees. The suit was filed under the RICO Act most often used to go after organized crime. Much in the way a developer hires a general contractor, the general contractor knowingly hires sub-contractors who hire illegals to keep the cost down. The court case is on hold while the Supreme Court decides to uphold or overturn the Appellate Courts decision that since bonified criminal activity was involved, that it did indeed fall under the RICO Act as a criminal enterprise. RICO allows for triple damages if they lose. If the Supreme Court rules the suit can continue, America will have all the Immigration reform it needs right there. If individuals are able to go after companies that hire illegals or do business with other companies that do, look out! This would serve the politicans quite well too. They would be off the hook with either big business or the special interest groups, they could shrug their shoulders and tell of how they have no control over the Supreme Court, Vicente Fox could be told the same thing. This would be fitting as that is what he told us about extriditing Cop killers back to the U.S., it couldn't be done because the Mexican Supreme Court will not extridite in death penalty cases under any circumstances. It would effectively take one of the hottest potatoes to come along out of the Congresses hands and put the power to do something about it in the hands of the people. It is sad that Oily Hide Attorneys must do what our lawmakers don't have the nuggets to!

UPDATE: An Apple Grower from Washington State decided to settle out of court for $1.5 million dollars on their similar RICO suit, rather than face the 3X damages RICO provides + legal fees. If the Supreme court allows the RICO against Mowhawk it WILL have the biggest chilling effect against companies blatently hiring illegals like Tyson!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Is this about the Mohawk Carpet Company? I heard something about this on talk radio the other day. It would really be a great win for us if the Supreme Court took on the case and ruled against the company. Using the RICO Act is a smart way to approach the problem of illegals and the companies that hire them.

YUP......It took a damned long time for them to finally pull RICO out of the drawer. It's something that I was looking into several years ago.

However, my question is.......if this sham of a bill were to pass, what would actually happen to this case? No lawyer here, just a logical gal and knowing all the strings that can be pulled, with the amendments in the bill to exonerate the Employers, well, I'm wondering.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    However, my question is.......if this sham of a bill were to pass, what would actually happen to this case?
    It would conveniently disappear.

Amnesty for criminal employers, remember?