Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kennedy quotes "Argh, gag, wretchhh"

"This is reminiscent of the civil rights movement," said Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat first elected to the Senate in 1962. "It's equal in terms of intensity and feelings among the groups."

"They want to be part of 'The American Dream' and have their children part of the dream as well."

“Some in Congress want to turn America away from its true spirit,” Senator Kennedy said, “They believe immigrants are criminals. That’s false. They believe any of us who help immigrants – even our priests – are criminals, too. That’s false. They say you should report to deport. I say report to become American citizens. More than four decades ago, near this place, Martin Luther King called on the nation to let freedom ring. Freedom did ring – and freedom can ring again. It is time for Americans to lift their voices now -- in pride for our immigrant past and in pride for our immigrant future.”

Below are Senator Kennedy’s remarks at the really as prepared for delivery:

Thank you, Jaime Contreras for that warm introduction.

Buenos tardes! Gracias por darme la oportunidad de estar en este evento. Y gracias por demandar justicia para todos los inmigrantes.

I look across this historic gathering and I see the future of America. As President Kennedy proclaimed a half century ago, we are a Nation of Immigrants. And today, we stand together as brothers and sisters to shape America’s destiny – old Americans, new Americans, future Americans – all joined together for the common good.

Let me ask you some questions. Are you ready? (Estas listo?)

Do you have a job? (Tienes trabajo?)

Do you love your family? (Amas a su familia?)

Do you love your community? (Amas a su comunidad?)

Do you love America? (Amas a America?)

You are what this debate is about. It is about good people who come to America to work, to raise their families, to contribute to their communities, and to reach for the American dream.

This debate goes to the heart of who we are as Americans. It will determine who can earn the privilege of citizenship.

It will determine our strength in separating those who would harm us from those who contribute to our values.

It will determine our future progress as a nation and our future economic growth.

Some in Congress want to turn America away from its true spirit. They believe immigrants are criminals. That’s false.

They believe any of us who help immigrants – even our priests – are criminals, too. That’s false.

They say you should report to deport. I say report to become American citizens.

More than four decades ago, near this place, Martin Luther King called on the nation to let freedom ring. Freedom did ring – and freedom can ring again.

It is time for Americans to lift their voices now -- in pride for our immigrant past and in pride for our immigrant future.

We stand for the future. (Nosotros apoyamos el futuro.)

We stand for our families. (Nosotros apoyamos nuestras familias.)

We stand for our faith. (Nosotros apoyamos nuestra fe.)

I stand with you. And you and you and you and you.

Are you with me? (Estan conmigo?)

John McCain and I have a plan. It is a strong plan. It is a fair plan. It is a plan for America’s future.

And today we are making that future happen.

Will you support us? (Me apoyan?)

Well, I’m here today to say that we will support you, too. (Nosotros vamos a apoyar a ustedes tambien.)

We will never give up. We will never give in.

Hasta la Victoria!

Si se puede!
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

When you look at who their supporters are, they're in pretty bad shape. They'd be better off going back to Mexico then depending on these people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kennedy and McCain are only worried about the 40,000 Illegal Irish that are here. They are so low that they would burden the American People with millions of illegal aliens just to let their "folks" stay.

They are both repulsive. I can no longer stand to look at either one of them.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I watched his speech on C-Span. It literally made me sick. He worked at riling up the crowd a lot.

The best analogy of how it made me feel is the following. You'll have to use your imagination as I can't use the actual words. You all know the term &*%# (behind) kissing, well that's not strong enough as to how he was grovelling to the crowd. He was essentially licking their part of the male anatomy that falls between their legs.

Like I said it was that much worse than &*%# kissing!
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Ted Kennedy has so much and I have so little -- do you think I can DEMAND that he shares his inheritance with me?

he only wants to share what doesn't belong to him, what's not his to give away
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I am not surprised at Teddy; didn't expected any less of him.
    The man makes me sick
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    I watched his speech on C-Span. It literally made me sick. He worked at riling up the crowd a lot.

The best analogy of how it made me feel is the following. You'll have to use your imagination as I can't use the actual words. You all know the term &*%# (behind) kissing, well that's not strong enough as to how he was grovelling to the crowd. He was essentially licking their part of the male anatomy that falls between their legs.

Like I said it was that much worse than &*%# kissing!
    1st of all, I like both of your posts. My sentiments exactly. Look at my signature - Kennedy sure did change his mind didnt he??
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gee from what I've been hearing all you have to do is see something you like and demand it and if your a good decent person you just hand it over. So hey...Sen Kennedy shouldn't have a problem giving you anything your heart desires.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Watching Ted Kennedy on C-Span "I about lost my dinner. Then he says something to the effect that the people gathered here is the future of America." - manlyva

Glad we agree!