Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kentucky Republicans want Arizona-style immigration law

Kentucky Republicans want Arizona-style immigration law
    Beth Musgrave - The Lexington Herald-Leader
    Dec.13,2012

FRANKFORT — Kentucky state Senate Republicans will file legislation similar to a controversial Arizona law that would allow police to carry out federal immigration law, said Senate President David Williams.

Williams, R-Burkesville, announced the Senate majority's legislative agenda Friday after the 23 members of the Republican caucus met for two days in Frankfort. The legislative session begins in January.

The expansive agenda includes proposals to overhaul the state's tax code, change the state's campaign laws and tweak state government pensions for new employees.

FRANKFORT — Senate Republicans will file legislation similar to a controversial Arizona law that would allow police to carry out federal immigration law, said Senate President David Williams.

Williams, R-Burkesville, announced the Senate majority's legislative agenda Friday after the 23 members of the Republican caucus met for two days in Frankfort. The legislative session begins in January.

The expansive agenda includes proposals to overhaul the state's tax code, change the state's campaign laws and tweak state government pensions for new employees.

Senate president lays out legislative initiatives

Senate Republicans will push bills next year to initiate changes to the Kentucky tax code and to tighten immigration enforcement.

Senate President David Williams of Burkesville laid out the GOP's legislative agenda Friday afternoon after a meeting of the 23-member Republican caucus.

GOP senators want legislation calling for the appointment of a commission to recommend changes to Kentucky's tax code to make the state more attractive to employers. The legislation would require the commission to make its recommendations in time for legislative action in 2012.
    Florida GOP risks Hispanic anger with Arizona-like crackdown

TALLAHASSEE — Florida Republican leaders have begun crafting anti-illegal-immigrant legislation modeled after an Arizona law that has incited widespread protests and fueled national and international debate over U.S. immigration policies.

Under the proposed bill, police would have broad power under state law to ask suspects for proof of legal residency, said Rep. William Snyder, a Republican from Stuart who plans to introduce the legislation in November.

"We have significant components from the Arizona bill that I plan to incorporate,'' he said. "We have the beginnings of it.''

California tea party begins push for Arizona-style immigration measure

The California Secretary of State's office Tuesday authorized a signature drive to place an Arizona-style immigration law before California voters.

Called the "Support Federal Immigration Law Act," the proposal was submitted to state authorities in September by Michael Erickson, a Tea Party activist in in the Bay Area city of Belmont and former chair of the Sonoma County Republican Party.

Erickson, speaking at a videotaped rally on his initiative's website, said he worked with a legal team to draft a version of Arizona's Senate Bill 1070, which requires that police investigate a person's legal status if an office has reasonable suspicion of that status.

Jeb Bush breaks with much of GOP on anti-immigrant laws

MANATEE, Fla. — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has expressed opposition to Arizona’s controversial immigration law, saying his children might look suspicious to police, according to news reports.

A similar bill has been proposed here by Florida Senate President Pro Tempore Mike Bennett, R-Bradenton, but Bennett says his version is different than its Arizona counterpart.

“My bill is not a racial profiling bill. I do not like the Arizona bill, and don’t think we should use racial profiling -- that we’re in agreement on,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

so the Hispanic
    are very anger with AZ well get mad at all the rest of the USA we had it . go back home
    No Amnesty & the Drean Act ,who I Dear was this just say no . you are welcome at all we have to pay every thing & your mad
    we are all goin gto fight this is OUr Country Not your
    thank you ALIPAC
    for all you are doing for us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GO REPUBLICANS!! GO KENTUCKY!! GO STATES!! Lets take our country back .... starting at the borders.

Come on other states. You want a Republic? Than start acting like it and exercise your rights and powers.

UNITE AMERICA!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I stand at ready!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

It seems to me that these won't help very much if the DREAM Act passes. the majority of illegals in this country are between the ages of 17 and 36. All they have to do is say they have applied and these laws will not affect them.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are still a few undecideds on this list it's fast and 90% answer the call!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-221279.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks Steve, this is the list I am using. All you need to say is I am opposed to the DREAM Act, they are just doing a tally.

Stevetheroofer's list with my phone and morning coffee. What a way to start the day!!

Thanks Newmexican,
    I'm just saying anything I have to get the yes votes to reconsider!