Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kyl to introduce Immigration Legislation before recess

Kyl plans new, revised immigration reform bill
    Paul Giblin, Tribune
    U.S. Sen. Jon Kyl plans to introduce an immigration enforcement bill before the Senate’s month-long summer recess starts on Aug. 4.

The Arizona Republican’s new tactic will be more narrowly focused than the Senate’s previous and unsuccessful approach that tried to link immigration enforcement to immigration reform. The broader measure collapsed in June.

The new legislation will offer a selection of immigration enforcement options that were identified during and after debate surrounding the failed immigration reform bill, Kyl said.

“It will be kind of a menu of all the kinds of things you can pick from if you wanted to do enforcement first. I think we need to change some laws in that regard,â€
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

[quote]ElÃ*as Bermúdez, leader of the activist group Immigrants Without Borders, said an enforcement bill will be ill-fated. “I don’t think it will pass. I don’t think they’ll find a single Democrat who will go for enforcement only – and they are going to need the Democrats,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    WOW didn't they do this last time to??? Rushing this issue before there vacation, again!!! Boy they do take lots of time off!!! Plus they keep trying to cram immigration down our throats more and more!! I think I'm going to sent my Senators (Clinton/Schumer) a present!
    http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-C ... 129&sr=8-1

They need to bone up on the 'old constitution!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I'm telling you, these crooks make sure we can't take any time off from looking over their shoulders. You would think by now that they know we're watching them.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good post BorderLegionnaire. We need to send this to certain Congressmen and Senators along with Jim Corsi's The Late, Great America.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil

Good post BorderLegionnaire. We need to send this to certain Congressmen and Senators along with Jim Corsi's The Late, Great America.

Ain't that that the truth!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

They won't read it unless it's in Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil

por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Well, they are debating it in the Senate as we speak. Zeezil and Dixie as watching and letting us know what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Well, they are debating it in the Senate as we speak. Zeezil and Dixie as watching and letting us know what is happening.
    I was watching..Atleast until Reid has the floor. Id rather watch paint dry .
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

It might be the same bill, with a different title, "Enforcement first, amensty second".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast