Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

L.A. County plans to check immigration status of all inmates

L.A. County plans to check immigration status of all inmates [Updated]
    2:40 PM | May 13, 2009

[Updated, 3:15 p.m. All local police agencies in Los Angeles County plan to begin screening the immigration status of all inmates booked into jails.]

Los Angeles County plans to begin checking the immigration status of all inmates booked into its jails this month in an effort to identify and deport more illegal immigrants with criminal records.

Sheriff’s employees will run the inmates’ fingerprints through federal databases to see if they have had any contact with the immigration system and will place holds on those believed to be in the country illegally. Once they have completed serving their sentences, the inmates will be transferred to immigration custody for possible deportation.

The Los Angeles County Jail began working with federal immigration agents in 2006 to screen inmates, but officials said the new federal program is much more accurate than the current system because all inmates — not just the ones who say they are foreign-born — will be checked.

“There is another layer of screening going on,â€

this is good news, unfortunately it came too late for the Shaw family

AE

Well, I guess that the LA County sheriffs office will certainly see a LOT of their inmates, outbound to another nation, eh? LOL That will be one empty county soon......
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Yes, this is good. Now they can weed out the illegals, send them home where they belong, and America will have less problems.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Isn't it amazing what the threat of a law suit can do?
    For months people went to the City Council and signed petitions to try to get it on the ballot for a vote on Jamiels law, which was to force "non-sanctuary city" policies - to no avail.
    Now that the Shaw family has begun to sue - viola - they will check immigration status.

Ummm - I hope the Shaws win big and I hope it puts the "fear" of what might happen across the country into all Sheriffs depts - so 287 G becomes the norm and any one who commits a crime has their "immigration status" confirmed.

So they can receive their gift packages?

I have to say I am proud of LA County for taking this step. And thanks to the Shaw family for making this possible, otherwise the officials would have probably sat on thumbs worrying about violating prisoners' right to privacy.
    There is hope.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)