Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What are legal citizens going to do for hospitals and health care if they bankrupt all of them. Our jails are full of them at the taxpayers expense, and someone at the jail told me, "guess who is coming to visit them in jail, white teenage girls and white women".

mrmiata7, I couldn't have said it better myself. Well put!!!

EMTALA--the US's Emergency Medical Treatment Act--specifies that no individual can be refused emegency care in case of a life-threatening, acute (keyword here: acute!) condition, or loss of limb or eyesight.

I agree with this. If an illegal alien comes in with his arm cut off and blood spurting every which way, it's the right thing to do to save his life.

However,
    This does NOT mean they can walk in and receive free check-ups for rountine medical care. If an illegal alien comes in with a scratch, we don't have to treat him. We shouldn't. Headache? Non-emergent? Go home and buy some aspirin.

The previous situation is where most of the health-care costs arise from--routine, non-emergent care.

In Colorado, the University of Colorado Hospital has closed their emergency room doors to anyone who does not appear to have a life-limb-eyesight threatening condition. Great idea! They're going to save millions of dollars a year. I wish more hospitals would follow the lead.

My wife works for a Catholic hospital. They have a "no insurance? ok!" policy. This is ruining the hospital. Most of the anaethesiologists have left becuase they are not being reimbursed AT ALL for the cases they complete. I'm not talking "not paid enough", I'm saying "not paid at all"!

Where does it stop? (I apologize for jumping around topics).
    --Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    -Teddy Roosevelt

Here is my post in a different disscussion topic. To give you some more stats on LA County resources:Here is my QUOTE:
    "Every time I bring up the subject, I can't even finish my sentence before They say "deport all these illegal freeloaders" These are people I work with Los Angeles County Employees firemen,policemen, DWP (dept. water and power) etc... The problem is we all have very good jobs with excellent benefits so most don't feel threatened. Last year LAcoFD responded to over 221,000 incidents, 13,000 were structual fires, over 50% of the 208,000 (emt "red box", traffic accidents, and other non-fire related) were illegal alien related.How's that for draining resources?"

god that makes my blood boil to no end. These people come in here and abuse our facilities and government services for LEGAL residents of the US....its disgusting.

obbop/all, just think of the fraud that these hospitals can get away with while treating illegal immigrants. Nothing can be verified and the illegals will never complain, care or worry, about being over charged for the care that they receive.
    Hospitals are losing money due to cuts in government funding for the
    flood of non paying illegal immigrants. These hospitals, in an effort to stay solvent, are raising the costs of those of us that do pay in order to cover these losses.

hospital fraud

Sorry, but there's too much auditing that goes on. I'm NOT saying that some hospitals might not try...they will get caught. If they do, they lose federal funding. No, they just end up going bankrupt. Which situation, of course, means that citizens and LEGAL immigrants can't get help. My hospital lost millions with an LDRP unit and had to shut it down. Women in labor...not our patients and with NO prenatal care would just show up in my ER and we HAD to take care of them
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

"[Americans] have enough money to pay for insurance," she said. "They make good money and are educated. Unfortunately, we are not."
    Rich Americans owe us!!!! What does the Mexican Government owe them?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I heard on the radio that 15 hospitals in California have gone bankrupt. And one of the main reasons they sited for this was all the illegal immigrants who used their services and then stiffed them on the bill.

These parasites are going to suck us dry if we don't de-leech ourselves from them and soon! Just look at what they've ALREADY done to their OWN countries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12