This is from yesterdays show of Glen Beck.

GLENN: Obama is meeting with the governor of Arizona today at 1:30. That's going to be — seriously that's going to be good. Los Angeles Unified School District board wants to teach in all public schools that the Arizona immigration law is un American. The school board voted unanimously on Tuesday to express outrage and condemnation of the law and to call on school superintendent to look into curtailing economic support to the Grand Canyon state.

This is what the commerce clause is all about, gang. This is it. The government can't be neutral on this. I don't know why anybody — I don't know why we're not pursuing this. Pat, tell me the history of the commerce clause. What was it for?

PAT: So that states wouldn't boycott each other.

GLENN: So you would have free trade in between the states and you wouldn't have the boycotts and you wouldn't have — that's what it was about.

STU: So this is a pure example of when this thing should actually be —

GLENN: Exact example.

PAT: But Barack Obama's already said, hey, I'm neutral.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I've indicated that I don't approve of the Arizona law.

GLENN: But?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I think it's the wrong approach.

GLENN: But?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I understand the frustrations of the people of Arizona.

GLENN: But.

PAT: But.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: And a lot of folks along the border that that border has not been entirely secure.

PAT: But.

GLENN: Entirely?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: But in a way that is both true to our traditions as a nation of law

GLENN: Just get to the but!

PRESIDENT OBAMA: and as a nation of immigrants

GLENN: But!

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I'm president of the United States. I don't endorse boycotts.

GLENN: Okay.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Or not endorse boycotts.

PAT: Or not endorse.

GLENN: Or not endorse boycotts. Excuse me. You're the president of the United States. The United States. The commerce clause is to make sure that no state bullies the other state. To make sure that no states are beating up on each other, that commerce happens in the United States. The president taking a sideline is perplexing to me.

PAT: Even then they knew that commrece between the big states and the little states would be — I mean, if a big state like New York wanted to —

STU: Well, the commrece clause is there for that reason.

PAT: Commercely, you know, damage another little state.

STU: Right.

PAT: Let's say Virginia which, you know, commercely was much, much bigger than —

STU: Right. Much more commrece, yeah.

PAT: Than say Delaware, at the time you could really manhandle in a commrece way.

STU: Right.

PAT: Virginia could really commercely —

STU: Well, the amount of commrece was

PAT: The amount of commrece was staggering.

STU: Make sure commrece is flowing between —

PAT: So if you wanted the commrece to flow among the states.

GLENN: Are you just making fun of me?

PAT: And now it's even — I mean, commercely it's even a bigger issue because now you have states with, like, 44 million people.

GLENN: Just say it! Just say it!

PAT: Commerce!

STU: Commerce!

PAT: Commerce.

STU: Commerce. Not commrece.

GLENN: The commrece law —

STU: I didn't know about that the commrece clause.

PAT: Yeah.

STU: The commerce clause, that's actually the reason it was there so they don't boycott each other.

PAT: Oh, yeah. I mean, they wanted free trade among the states.

GLENN: Look, that's why the Constitution — the Articles of Confederation fell apart. Because you had states beating up on each other. You had the little states being bullied by the big states and they were like, wait a minute, hold it just a second.

PAT: And the founders knew the small states wouldn't have a chance, wouldn't have a chance against the larger states.

GLENN: And they weren't. The whole thing was falling apart because the big states were saying, you know what, we're going to attach a whole bunch of taxes because you're from Connecticut and we think that we can do a better job on that than you. And Connecticut would say, well, wait a minute, just a second.

PAT: Could have run them right out of business.

GLENN: Yeah, they could run the entire state out of business. And so the thing was falling apart. That's when they went to George Washington and said, hey, George, you've got to come up here because this thing's all falling apart. And the whole Revolutionary War, everything is for naught if we don't put together a new Constitution because the Articles of Confederation are too weak. The states are beating up on each other. And so that's when Washington said, have I not done enough for my country yet? He came up, he listened, they — this was one of the things, this was the main thing that they tried to solve is to be able to have commerce —

STU: Excellent.

PAT: Nice, nicely done.

GLENN: — be able to happen between all of the states. So now the president of the United States who says, "I'm not here to support; I'm not here to stop a state sponsored boycott."

PAT: Of course you are.

GLENN: The man —

PAT: Unbelievable.

GLENN: The man doesn't understand the Constitution. Did he understand the Federalist Papers, did he —

PAT: Oh, he taught the Constitution for ten years, Glenn. Of course he understands the Constitution. He was a constitutional professor back in Illinois.

GLENN: No, he wasn't. He was a lecturer.

PAT: Oh, wait, what?

GLENN: He was a lecturer. He wasn't a professor. He was a lecturer.

PAT: You said he did something with the Constitution.

GLENN: Oh, he's doing a lot with the Constitution.