Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LA mayor goes elsewhere

April 29, 2006

LOS ANGELES: Death threats prompts mayor
    to skip town on May 1st

Sources close to Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa are reporting
    that the mayor is leaving Los Angeles for Dallas on Monday
    because of death threats he received soon after "La Gran
    Marcha" on March 25th. Apparently the mayor has been under
    a lot of pressure from anti-immigrant extremists who have
    threaten not only to "recall " him but also to "shoot" him
    after he chose to address over 700,000 marchers that
    surrounded city hall on March 25th.

Monday's "El Gran Boicot" may bring even larger numbers of
    demonstrators to Los Angeles but the mayor decided to be in
    Dallas for some kind of meeting with the National Football
    League. He will be missing what may turn out to be the
    largest mass rally in the history of the city. It looks like
    Tony is not taking any chances.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

recall

How do we recall him? Is it possible? What is the mechanism?

Prove he signed up illegals to vote?

I am interested in this, if it's possible, then we should start...

There has to be some kind of law on the books that makes him criminal by treason to the United States of America. Of course Senators Fienstein and Boxer would fall under that catagory as well.I think we just as well re-tool the whole Senate and House with fresh faces. The problem is descent non corrupt citizens don't run for political office. I know I could do a great job at it, but no way would I run. I would end up getting into a fist fight with Senator grandpa sell out.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    There are reports that Villaraigosa is going to attend the rally tomorrow.

http://english.people.com.cn/200605/01/ ... 62494.html

UPDATED: 11:24, May 01, 2006
    Los Angeles mayor says he may participate in pro-immigration rally

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said Sunday that he will stay in the city during the nation-wide "Great American Boycott" rally Monday and may participate in a pro-immigration rally after work.

Villaraigosa, the city's first Latino mayor in over 130 years, announced his plans at a news conference here to talk about Monday's boycott, which organizers hope to demonstrate the clout of immigrants in the U.S. economy.

Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to skip work and school Monday to attend rallies in Los Angeles and across the United States, demanding millions of illegal immigrants be granted citizenship or at least a path to citizenship.

Meanwhile, a famous religious leader and immigrants rights advocate said Sunday that it would be more productive if people went to work and school Monday and then participated in the national boycott to show their support.

Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, who is also known for his outspoken support for immigrants rights, said participation in the pro-immigrant boycott was a personal choice, but that he thought people should go to school and work.

"This gives people the opportunity to do two things: to go to work and school and also to participate in a march or rally," Mahony said after Mass at the cathedral near downtown Los Angeles.

Mahony said he was optimistic that positive change was on the way after meeting with senators last week in Washington to discuss the issue of comprehensive immigration reform.

He said he was encouraged by recent polls indicating "the vast majority" of people are in favor of a comprehensive approach to change in the country's immigration law.

Monday's immigrant rights demonstrations could draw half a million marchers or more to the streets of Los Angeles, police said.

That is almost the number that marched at last month's major pro-immigration protest in downtown Los Angeles.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn