Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

La Raza Funding in Bail Out Bill ???

Friends,

This came to my email box over at lastamericans.us

Can someone dig in on this and find out if this is legit and if so where in the bill the funding is provided?

Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:52 PM
    Subject: ACTION ALERT: Stop Congress from giving money to La Raza

The U.S. Congress is about to vote on H. R. 3221, the Housing Bailout legislation.

Discovered today, the legislation will funnel millions of dollars to La Raza and
    ACORN, two far left organizations.

The Democrats have structured the legislation so that the provision to give La Raza
    and ACORN your money cannot be stripped from the legislation.

Call your Congressman at 202-224-3121 and tell him to vote against H. R. 3221.

We should not be using your money to fund groups that would gladly help overthrow
    the United States in favor of a far left vision.

Sincerely yours,

Erick Erickson
    Editor, RedState.com
    W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IT LOOKS LIKE IT TRUE WILLIAM.

Say no to left-wing housing boondoggle

By Michelle Malkin • May 7, 2008 10:54 AM

The House votes today on two more housing bill boondoggles stuffed with goodies for left-wing groups. In addition to that $25 million earmark for La Raza-The Race’s “Development Fund,” there’s another $25 million set aside for the National Urban League (see page 515 of the PDF) and a $35 million slush fund for trial lawyers cashing in on the subprime mess.

While clueless Beltway Republicans melt down and wonder why they’re hemmorhaging money and grass-roots support, the Dems are poised to ram through more public subsidies to pay off their radical political allies under the guise of “solving” the housing crisis.

Earth to Republicans: Capitulationism is the problem, not the solution.

Remind your GOP representatives.
    Capitol switchboard: 202-224-3121
    Office of the House Republican Leader
    H-204 The Capitol
    Washington, DC 20515
    Phone: (202) 225-4000
    Fax: (202) 225-5117

RNC:
    Office of the Chairman
    Mike Duncan, RNC Chairman
    Phone: 202-863-8700
    Fax: 202-863-8820
    Email: Chairman@gop.com
    Amen to this:
    Referring to these provisions, Minority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) told reporters that the legislation was a “bailout for lawyers, lenders and La Raza.”
    In a closed-door meeting with Republicans Tuesday morning, he said, “There is so much wrong with this bill that if you can’t find something that gives you reason to oppose it, then you don’t deserve to be here.”

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/07/sa ... oondoggle/

BUT IT WAS DATED IN MAY.
    Last edited by Newmexican; 02-18-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Inserted article to bare link.

OK ...I READ MOST OF THE SUMMARY OF THE BILL AT GOVTRAK.COM.

I DID NOT SEE LA RAZA MENTIONED, ALTHOUGH THE SUMMARY DID SAY THAT THERE MAY HAVE BEEN UPDATES THAT ARE NOT POSTED YET. THE CLOSEST I COULD FIND THAT MIGHT APPLY TO LA RAZA IS THE FOLLOWING:

(136) S.Amdt. 4494 by Sen. Mikulski [D-MD]
    To make additional funds available to the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation to increase legal assistance available to homeowners at risk of foreclosure and assistance to community organizations working to preserve homeownership and prevent foreclosure, with an offset.
    Proposed: Apr 8, 2008. Accepted: Apr 9, 2008.

I KNOW THAT LA RAZA DOES PROVIDE SOME LEGAL ADVICE SERVICES AND HOUSING INFORMATION SERVICES TO THE HISPANIC COMMUNITY. SO I AM NOT SURE IF THE ABOVE COULD APPLY TO THEM. BUT IT CERTAINLY MIGHT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On something like this, I prefer to go straight to the bill and read it. Then I look for key words in which they could possible sneak in the funding if it is not made crystal clear. With congress, clarity is not a strong point as a rule.

In the text of this bill you will find many separate references to funding for housing counseling. I believe it is this portion where La Raza will indeed be given a chunk of the pie. The following is found on the La Raza web site:

NCLR Community Development Programs
    Overview

NCLR seeks to increase the level of tangible assets held by Latinos through promoting savings, increasing the rate of Hispanic homeownership, and providing capital for Hispanic community-based organizations. The primary programmatic initiatives include the NCLR Homeownership Network, Economic Mobility Centers, Latino Social Venture Fund, and the Raza Development Fund.
    http://www.nclr.org/content/programs/detail/893/

The link for the bill can be found below, There are numerous references to paid pre and post mortgage counseling funding for home owners:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c ... 1105udOSm::

BOTTOM LINE, THE HORSES MOUTH SAYS THIS IS TRUE
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just called my Congress person.

IF the benefits went to legal Hispanics I would have no problem, but get your hand out of my pocket if you want me to fund home ownership for illegals.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

I wish they had funding for typical middle class Americans or LEGAL Irish Immigrants. Nobody helped us one bit, we had to do it the old fashioned way. Maybe that could be part of why we are NOT in forclosure, we got a house at roughly half of what THEY said we could afford. We knew if we went for the top in our alleged range we would not have money for anything else.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK... I have been reading over this Housing Bailout Bill.
    IT IS A FRICKIN NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bigger Govt., New Govt. Offices, ALL ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME!
    This section I believe is where LaRaza and ACORN will be getting thier money, because they CLAIM to be Non-Profit organizations :

134. GRANTS FOR HOUSING COUNSELING ASSISTANCE.

Section 106(a) of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 (12 U.S.C. 1701x(a)(3)) is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:

`(4) Homeownership and Rental Counseling Assistance-

`(A) IN GENERAL- The Secretary shall make financial assistance available under this paragraph to States, units of general local governments, and nonprofit organizations providing homeownership or rental counseling (as such terms are defined in subsection (g)(1)).

`(B) QUALIFIED ENTITIES- The Secretary shall establish standards and guidelines for eligibility of organizations (including governmental and nonprofit organizations) to receive assistance under this paragraph.

`(C) DISTRIBUTION- Assistance made available under this paragraph shall be distributed in a manner that encourages efficient and successful counseling programs.

`(D) AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS- There are authorized to be appropriated $45,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2008 through 2011 for--

`(i) the operations of the Office of Housing Counseling of the Department of Housing and Urban Development;

`(ii) the responsibilities of the Secretary under paragraphs (2) through (5) of subsection (g); and

`(iii) assistance pursuant to this paragraph for entities providing homeownership and rental counseling.'.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c ... 1LA:e70491:
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    OK... I have been reading over this Housing Bailout Bill.
    IT IS A FRICKIN NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bigger Govt., New Govt. Offices, ALL ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME!
    This section I believe is where LaRaza and ACORN will be getting thier money, because they CLAIM to be Non-Profit organizations :

134. GRANTS FOR HOUSING COUNSELING ASSISTANCE.

Section 106(a) of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 (12 U.S.C. 1701x(a)(3)) is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:

`(4) Homeownership and Rental Counseling Assistance-

`(A) IN GENERAL- The Secretary shall make financial assistance available under this paragraph to States, units of general local governments, and nonprofit organizations providing homeownership or rental counseling (as such terms are defined in subsection (g)(1)).

`(B) QUALIFIED ENTITIES- The Secretary shall establish standards and guidelines for eligibility of organizations (including governmental and nonprofit organizations) to receive assistance under this paragraph.

`(C) DISTRIBUTION- Assistance made available under this paragraph shall be distributed in a manner that encourages efficient and successful counseling programs.

`(D) AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS- There are authorized to be appropriated $45,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2008 through 2011 for--

`(i) the operations of the Office of Housing Counseling of the Department of Housing and Urban Development;

`(ii) the responsibilities of the Secretary under paragraphs (2) through (5) of subsection (g); and

`(iii) assistance pursuant to this paragraph for entities providing homeownership and rental counseling.'.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c ... 1LA:e70491:

Why don't they just give Calderon and La Raza Cabinet positions? Seems they can't do anything that does not involve at least one of them. Strike that, some idiot may actually think I am serious and implement it

AE

I have never posed this question here, but how does groups like The Race, qualify that someone asking for their help is actually "Latino"? I have read what the definition is, and it is a very broad range, from white to black people, and they are all living in America.

So do they go by name? Do they require someone who claims to be of Latino heritage to prove it, or do they take their word? Or.....do they simply only help those who "appear" Latino?

Seriously, this country is a melting pot and how can someone really know?
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast