Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The Latest: Justice may crack down on legalized marijuana

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    CDC: Alcohol kills more people than drugs - Story | KTTV - FOX 11

www.foxla.com/news/national-news/61382786-story
    Dec 23, 2015 - A new federal report indicates alcohol related deaths are up 37 percent from 2002. It kills more people in the U.S. than drugs, like...

In my experience, marijuana was the gateway for my loved ones that progressed into Oxycontin, alcohol and gambling addiction.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

‘Uncle Tweety’s Chewy Flipper’ and ‘Gummy Satans’

Wow, I never heard of this.

It's amazing what these people come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yeah, there should be no federal resources expended on enforcing marijuana laws except at the borders against the foreign drug cartels and illegal aliens running the drugs for them. Leave the States and Citizens alone. If the federal government needed a Constitutional Amendment to ban liquor, then it sure as hell needed one to ban marijuana. This whole thing wasn't even about marijuana, it was about banning hemp to take it off the market to promote synthetic alternatives like nylon.
    Absolutely, remember the movie 'Reefer Madness' - put together to outlaw hemp. From what I can gather hemp is a very profitable, environmentally friendly, multi use plant. Farmers grew it for the war effort in WWII.
    Also, I have read CO is thinking of allowing hemp growing.
    I do understand it is near impossible, if not impossible, to get 'high' from hemp itself.

Might hemp be the concern more than marijuana itself.

I'm not sure what making marijuana legal for sale equates to selling cigarettes and alcohol without a licenses. I'll ask, but I'm pretty sure you need a license to sell marijuana - in CO. I'll ask.

I have some very dark thoughts and beliefs concerning the 'war on drugs' - be it marijuana or any other.

Again, though, we have many, many more important issues that are literally tearing this country down. If not fixed, we will loose it and very shortly.

Marijuana is way down the list - way- way - way down the list of evils and dangers to this country right now.

Let's don't loose focus here.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Feds need to focus all hands on deck to enforce US immigration laws, let the people and the states decide for themselves about marijuana and remove marijuana from the Federal Controlled Substances List. Feds are free and encouraged to attack the foreign drug cartels at the borders and everywhere else in the US where they exist and operate but leave Americans alone.

GET SMART. FOCUS ON THE BIG STUFF. END ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IN THE US ONCE AND FOR ALL.
    As far as I'm concerned federal law enforcement is "free and encouraged to attack" illegal marijuana abusers, traffickers, distributors, and cultivators wherever they exist in the United States. Didn't we get enough of the 'pick and choose' law enforcement during the Obama administration?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As long as the pick and choose isn't illegal immigration, I don't really care. I personally think 90% of federal law that applies to domestic and internal issues and citizens is unconstitutional to begin with and is the reason we have 94 million Americans out of the work force, why we're $20 trillion in debt and growing, dealing with a dilapidated obsolescence-designed infrastructure, and basically an unacceptable complete mess.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    As far as I'm concerned federal law enforcement is "free and encouraged to attack" illegal marijuana abusers, traffickers, distributors, and cultivators wherever they exist in the United States. Didn't we get enough of the 'pick and choose' law enforcement during the Obama administration?
    Personally, I don't want one dime or one minute of government focus spent on marijuana when we are in danger of loosing our country.

First things first - we need to take control of the things that are destroying us.

We have people from all over the world who have come into this country - some illegally - some legally. They are not here to become Americans - to respect this country or it's people. Some are here to destroy it and some are just here to suck it dry - both will have the same results.

If we don't do something about that - the discussion of the dangers of marijuana won't even be on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Now we don't. Whether you agree or not, I think the Supremacy Clause wins out.

"Supremacy Clause

Article VI, Section 2, of the U.S. Constitution is known as the Supremacy Clause because it provides that the "Constitution, and the Laws of the United States … shall be the supreme Law of the Land." It means that the federal government, in exercising any of the powers enumerated in the Constitution, must prevail over any conflicting or inconsistent state exercise of power."

Seems we're going in circles here.

Why did you edit out "made in pursuance thereof". Laws which are not made in pursuance of our Constitution are not the supreme law of the land.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;

I have already demonstrated Congress is not vested with a power to enter the States to prohibit the use, growth or sale of agricultural products.

Once again, I am not a big fan of smoking dope. But I do support and defend our Constitution and its documented legislative intent, especially the Tenth Amendment and Federalism, our Constitution's plan.

JWK

The whole aim of construction, as applied to a provision of the Constitution, is to discover the meaning, to ascertain and give effect to the intent of its framers and the people who adopted it.
    _____HOME BLDG. & LOAN ASS'N v. BLAISDELL,290 U.S. 398 (1934)
    Last edited by johnwk; 03-01-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
    In my experience, marijuana was the gateway for my loved ones that progressed into Oxycontin, alcohol and gambling addiction.
    I'm so sorry lorrie. Both sides of my family had a member, my mom's brother and my dad's first cousin, who had alcohol addictions, ruined their lives, marriages, families always having to bail them out of a fight or jail or something. Eventually they couldn't work. And they were both the greatest guys, my mom's brother, my uncle, looked and acted like Burt Lancaster, until he was drunk. My dad's first cousin, looked like Dean Martin and had the most wonderful personality, both were smart, capable great people, but alcohol ruined their lives. I know how hard it is from their experiences to have loved ones dealing with addictions and losing the battle.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-01-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Point well made MW.

Think about it -

Does anyone really think our 'War on Drugs' is designed to curtail or stop drugs?

Look at the evidence - more drugs and more addicts than ever before, says otherwise. The open and inviting border, says otherwise.

Our drug enforcement is a very large, well-armed force with apparently few rules.
    It can be used for anything the government wants.

The pretense of the war on drugs allows our government to pour millions into this 'enforcement' (with small results). It keeps the profit of drugs up. It's a rat hole, our government can divert millions to themselves and their buddies with no oversight. After all, who can argue with "more money to fix our drug problem."

Again, I firmly believe the profits of drugs goes all the way to the top. I think Wall Street would certainly feel it, if we actually did something to
    stop it. A lot of banks would fail.

If the top tier were not making money from it, it wouldn't be happening.

Now these same people just might jump on the bandwagon and say 'go after marijuana', pick a fight with the states. That way nothing will get done and marijuana is small potatoes compared to the others. So yes, they'll support such a smokescreen - a placebo.

Bread and circuses -.

Just pay attention to the number of people who have no love nor respect for this country who are in places of power and influence. Every day we do nothing about it - more and more get into place.

Their children, and grandchildren now, are being well educated - by our tax dollars - while our children must look forward to years of debt paying if they want an education.

Yes, drugs are a problem and it needs to be addressed - but more of the same old stuff isn't going to work. That's what you are going to get if the government decides to go after marijuana right now. It's a smokescreen - a placebo.

At best our drug war is a colossal failure - at worst, it was designed to be just that.

Ask yourself if we focus on marijuana now, and we loose our country - will Mexico or the other foreigners who take over, do anything about the drug war.

We do not have the time to squander our resources. Every day, every dollar, and every bit of manpower is needed to just keep us from going down the drain.

If we focus on illegal immigration, controlling our border - it will go a long way to fixing the drug problem.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast