Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latino Voters Key to a 2012 Florida Win

Latino Voters Key to a 2012 Florida Win
    by Phil Keating | April 04, 2011

From the Cuban-Americans in Miami to the Mexican Americans of California, Latin Americans in the United States now number more than 50-million strong.

"One in six in the United States is Latino. One in four children is Latino," says Gloria Montano-Greene of the National Association of Latino Elected Officials. "This is a great opportunity for the country to be more inclusive of the Latino community in their agenda."According to N.A.L.E.O, "their agenda" is education, economy and immigration, and for Political candidates in 2012, those are the 3 issues--and a growingly powerful demographic--that will have to be addressed.

Both parties have created "Latino outreach" positions in the Sunshine State, to work heavy, Hispanic areas like Miami-Dade County, get more voters registered and, they hope, ensure Latino men and women vote for their candidates.

In 1980, America's Latino population was just under 15 million. Since then, it has more than tripled.

The states with the largest Latino populations are California, with 13 million (37 percent of the state,) Texas, with 9 million (36 percent,) Florida with 4 million (21 percent) and New York, with 3 million (17percent).

Yet of those four states, only Florida is a true swing state, the fourth largest of the nation, with 29 electoral college votes. This makes capturing the majority of the Hispanic vote in the Sunshine State more relevant and more critical to winning in 2012 and beyond.

"The past election here in Florida indicates that if you win Hispanics, you win the general election," says Christopher Mann, a political science professor at the University of Miami.

In November, Republican Marco Rubio became Florida's junior U.S. Senator, pulling 55 percent of the state's Latino vote, but two years before, in 2008, President Obama took Florida, winning 57 percent of the states Latino vote.

Historically, though, Hispanics vote 60 percent of the time for Democrats and 38 percent of the time for Republicans.

That is not to be assumed, though, in 2012 and beyond. Political analysts say the Latino vote is up for whomever best addresses the key concerns of education, economy and immigration.

"Whichever candidate is more successful in avoiding mistakes in appealing to the Hispanic vote, probably wins this state in the 2012 election," says Mann.

So, once again, it may all come down to Florida, and specifically, Florida's Latinos.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/ ... z1Ib3bwNDL
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"So there you have it America without the Latino vote Obama won't win re-election!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    But 20 million of them cannot vote because they are Illegal ... Caucasian middle class Independents will decide the next Presidential election.....

Banned
    I am sick to death of hearing about latino this and latino that

They are going to vote for whoever favors the reconquista ,

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    But 20 million of them cannot vote because they are Illegal ...
    "After what Harry and Rory Reid pulled I don't trust any of them especially our Compander and Thief!"

well let me tell all of the Mexico . latino you can not vote you are not American Citizen . you have to be American citizen be for you Vote
    you are all Illegal Look it up so obama don't have any right to run why he him self Is Not American citizen. & the gov Of Cal
    can not run for President . you have to be American citizen first
    I would like to see Obama Birth certificatie I had to show My today
    & Im American Citizen .
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But 20 million of them cannot vote because they are Illegal ... Caucasian middle class Independents will decide the next Presidential election.....
    It is possible that there are 20 million of them here illegally but even if not there are many that can't vote because they are too young also. I am not sure but I think I read that there were only 10-20 million Latinos that voted in the last presidential election. They are only a drop in the bucket compared to non-hispanic voters.

What irks me is that within their top priorites is immigration. You know what that means. "I won't vote for you unless you allow all my illegal amigos to stay here and many more to be able to come in the future". Such arrogance and racism is disgusting to me.

Many of the adults are not legal, but the millions of anchor babies will soon be able to vote. With their prolific birthrate in this country, illegal aliens will ensure their interests are represented through offspring. Ending birthright citizenship should be a top priority.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since when do illegal invaders give a damn about any of our laws? I suspect at least half of the illegal invaders in this country will vote, especially with the likes of obama dangling the amnesty carrot in front of them! His pitch to them will be, ‘I need four more years to finish what I’ve started.’ Being ignorant, they will buy into it again.

What do they have to lose by voting? It's not as if this administration is going to go looking for them.

Isn't it funny how they are not the majority yet and they think they have all the power right now to make or break the 2012 election? Quite arrogant, are they not?