Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As much as I want to see workplace enforcement or targeted stings, I actually think you're very close to the mark, phoenixashes. If it was done, it would probably not be done in an efficient manner.

Back in the 80's and early 90's I'm pretty sure that our government did some significant workplace enforcement, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad, but the idea of people being pulled off of the border is unacceptable. The more I think about it, the 'targeted stings' operations would be more effective. ICE's priority, as much as I hate to admit it, should still be first and foremost catching terrorists and those who threaten our national security. We just need about 5 to 10 thousand more agents for interior enforcement of our laws, and another 20 thousand border patrol agents (the 1300 being added for this year is nice but won't make much of a dent in the illegal traffic coming over our borders.)

Joe

Hers's how I see the sequence:
    1-- build a fence and start inspecting those ships more thoroughly
    2-- dry up any and all benefits
    3-- crack down on employers

Until we stop them from coming into this country by the thousands, there isn't much point in doing anything by way of deportation. Some have come back countless times after deportation. We need some way to keep them out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with you, juniusjnr. Inspecting the ships coming into our ports is certainly important. They hold lots of illegal drugs, contraband, and sometimes weapons. The Coast Guard actually could and should play a more vital role in protecting our homeland, and in turning back ships crowded with illegal immigrants.

This is a joke, but when the illegals cross the border from Mexico or Canada into the USA, we should have sleeping gas canisters that are triggered by their footsteps, putting all of them to non-lethal sleep until the Border Patrol arrives. Then, the Mexican Government will create comic books where they recommend that illegals wear gas masks to avoid being put to sleep. There'll be a big Black Market in gas masks.

Or, maybe a stun grenade is triggered, rendering them unconscious for a short time...

Okay, my James Bond ideas just aren't going to cut it in the real world.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12