Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lawsuit Against Obama & Co.

Here's the text of the Liberty Legal Foundation's lawsuit:

http://www.libertylegalfoundation.com/w ... 091610.pdf

And a larger explanation of how they're tackling illegal immigration.

http://www.libertylegalfoundation.com/i ... migration/
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    Exactly what I have been saying for months... The Executive branch has overreached to the point of making Congress null and void. They are creating their own rules and laws In the Executive Branch,which IS against the constitution.... A well laid out brief Indeed. This lawsuit has "wings"....

Its a class action suit. I'm not 100% sure but doesn't that mean that everybody affected by this issue can join in?

I mean individual people too, not just organizations?

Banned
    How do we join in with this lawsuit? And can it be other states residents?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarhighwolf
    Its a class action suit. I'm not 100% sure but doesn't that mean that everybody affected by this issue can join in?

sugarhighwolf, individual citizens have no "standing" to file suit against the executive branch, according to the courts recently. Ridiculous for sure, but that's what we've come to.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarhighwolf

sugarhighwolf, individual citizens have no "standing" to file suit against the executive branch, according to the courts recently. Ridiculous for sure, but that's what we've come to.
    I missed that part about individuals having no standing. I hope someone fights that because we, as individuals elected the executive branch, so we, as individuals, should have the right to say "hey, you can't do that"

Banned
    Well all it would take is creating an organization out of the "individuals". Create a non profit, to become a member it takes a $1 donation (or higher) which goes to the legal fund of the suit. That should work.

Now assuming that works one could make numerous organizations one for each state for example with same setup. Use the crap to our advantage for a change.

Text from the lawsuit
    [quote]CLASS ACTION ALLEGATIONS
    15. Plaintiffs bring this action on behalf of themselves and a class of persons initially defined as follows: All persons in the United States of America who object to the federal government’s failure and refusal to enforce immigration law, object to the federal government’s attempts to prevent states from enforcing existing immigration law, object to the Obama administration’s violation of existing federal law, object to the Obama administration’s attempts to destroy the separation of powers established in the U.S. Constitution, and object to the federal government’s failure to “protect each of them from invasion.â€

[quote="MontereySherry"]Text from the lawsuit
    [quote]CLASS ACTION ALLEGATIONS
    15. Plaintiffs bring this action on behalf of themselves and a class of persons initially defined as follows: All persons in the United States of America who object to the federal government’s failure and refusal to enforce immigration law, object to the federal government’s attempts to prevent states from enforcing existing immigration law, object to the Obama administration’s violation of existing federal law, object to the Obama administration’s attempts to destroy the separation of powers established in the U.S. Constitution, and object to the federal government’s failure to “protect each of them from invasion.â€