Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Learn Spanish ads on tv

Has anyone seen the ads on tv "It's easy to learn Spanish?"
    Now if I were in Mexico or some other Hispanic country I may need these cds to learn Spanish....I think instead of these they should have ads "It's easy to learn ENGLISH" I cringe everytime they have these ads on, and oh! they make them seem so much fun.....

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: Learn Spanish ads on tv

Quote Originally Posted by swtncgram
    Has anyone seen the ads on tv "It's easy to learn Spanish?"
    Now if I were in Mexico or some other Hispanic country I may need these cds to learn Spanish....I think instead of these they should have ads "It's easy to learn ENGLISH" I cringe everytime they have these ads on, and oh! they make them seem so much fun.....
    It's even EASIER to memorize 1-866-DHS2ICE
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Seen the ads. Ticks me off. We learn their language, they don't have to learn ours. Everything in the country is totally bassackwards.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Just now saw that La Quinta ad again. Do you have La Quinta motels?
    Half the ad is in spanish, like they're trying to teach us gringos how to speak spanish.

Do you have children who watch cartoons? I get so mad when my kids are watching Nick Jr and PBS. There are at least 3 cartoons (Dora the Explorer, Dragon Tales, and Mya and Miguel) that are constantly teaching Spanish. Even Sesame Street is jumping on the bandwagon of shoving it down our throats.

Their kids don't have to learn English, but my children are expected to learn Spanish. Give me a break.

Even the public information channel (tht scrolls local events) was playing Spanish speaking music the other day. There is no escaping. They are Taking Over.

I tend to go on a food raid when the "Amigo" ads come on.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm a bit off topic here, but does anyone remember when TV first started airing Spanish language shows? I do, and it was in the mid '70s with soap operas. I did not like it then, but was told that the hard working Latin immigrants deserved their own TV shows. BTW, I never could understand what soap operas had to do with work.

Re: Learn Spanish ads on tv

[quote=It's even EASIER to memorize 1-866-DHS2ICE[/quote]
    I've called my local Ice and never get a responce you have to leave a message.The bad thing is the voice on the recorder sounded hispanic

Quote Originally Posted by KickEmOut
    Just now saw that La Quinta ad again. Do you have La Quinta motels?
    Half the ad is in spanish, like they're trying to teach us gringos how to speak spanish.
    We have those ads on tv here to. Be very careful, because if you dont pronounce the word Quinta precisely, you will get a room witH BEDBUGS!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

butterbean, I'd rather sleep under a bridge than stay at a LA QUINTA motel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast