Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Leaving for the US? Not if Romney wins you're not!

yesterday at 3:47 pm
    Denis McEvoy

If you're planning on escaping Ireland's economic woes by moving to America to find work then you won't be happy with the Republican candidates in the US election.

Republicans have never been known for their positive views on immigration and the two frontrunners are making no exception this time.

Mitt Romney has attracted the anger of the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform group in the States, who've been battling for years to get passports for tens of thousands of 'undocumented' Irish. They say Romney is anti-immigration and would do nothing to help the over 50,000 illegal Irish, who are being grouped with the other illegal immigrants more and more.

The other main Republican candidate, Newt Gingrich, who has to be a little nutty with a name like Newt, has no love for immigration either.

So, for the Irish living illegally in America Obama would seem like the safest bet, yes? Well, maybe not. Newt has put forward some fairly liberal ideas - liberal for a Republican that is.

"If you've been here 25 years and you got three kids and two grandkids, you've been paying taxes and obeying the law, you belong to a local church, I don't think we're going to separate you from your family, uproot you forcefully, and kick you out," said Newt... surprisingly.

"I don't see how the party that says it's the party of the family is going to adopt an immigration policy which destroys families that have been here a quarter-century. And I'm prepared to take the heat for saying, 'Let's be humane.'" Good man Newt, now you just have to stop hating 'the gays' and other minorities and you'll be a fully fledged leftie.

One Old Vet

World affairs | Leaving for the US? Not if Romney wins you're not!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal is illegal regardless of where they come from. While I happen to love the Irish people (one more than others ), If they broke the law to get here, they need to go home.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)