Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this legal?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is this legal?

CAHABA VALLEY HEALTH CARE INCORP
    5099 CALDWELL MILL RD
    BIRMINGHAM , AL 35242

Mission and Programs

Mission
    WE ARE DESIGNED TO ADDRESS THE LONG TERM HEALTH IMPACT OF A LACK OF ACCESSIBLE, APPROPRIATE, AFFORDABLE CARE FOR THE HISPANIC POPULATION.

Programs
    ESTABLISHED VISION, DENTAL AND OTHER MEDICAL CLINICS THROUGH LOCAL CHURCHES AND COMMUNITY TO AID UNDERSERVED PEOPLE PRIMARILY HISPANIC FAMILIES.

Revenue and Expenses: Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2003

Revenue Expenses
    Contributions $85,107
    Government Grants $15,000
    Program Services $0
    Investments $0
    Special Events $0
    Sales $0
    Other $0
    Program Services $52,626
    Administration $25,635
    Other $0
    Total Expenditures $78,261

Total Revenue $100,107 NET GAIN/LOSS $21,846
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Re: Is this legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    CAHABA VALLEY HEALTH CARE INCORP
    5099 CALDWELL MILL RD
    BIRMINGHAM , AL 35242

Mission and Programs

Mission
    WE ARE DESIGNED TO ADDRESS THE LONG TERM HEALTH IMPACT OF A LACK OF ACCESSIBLE, APPROPRIATE, AFFORDABLE CARE FOR THE HISPANIC POPULATION.

Programs
    ESTABLISHED VISION, DENTAL AND OTHER MEDICAL CLINICS THROUGH LOCAL CHURCHES AND COMMUNITY TO AID UNDERSERVED PEOPLE PRIMARILY HISPANIC FAMILIES.

Revenue and Expenses: Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2003

Revenue Expenses
    Contributions $85,107
    Government Grants $15,000
    Program Services $0
    Investments $0
    Special Events $0
    Sales $0
    Other $0
    Program Services $52,626
    Administration $25,635
    Other $0
    Total Expenditures $78,261

Total Revenue $100,107 NET GAIN/LOSS $21,846
    Sounds like an illegal activity to me, but do I expect the government to do anything about it? In a word, NO.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't know if it is legal, Virgininamama, but it sure is amazing. Where is the program to look into the future of healthcare for native American Citizens ?

This is also laughable to me since I work in a health related field which I must see the types of insurances people have. By far, BY VERY FAR, the Hispanic people are using the medicaid system, as well as recent immigrants from other countries as well. MANY, if not MOST barely speak a word of English, so I ask this: Are we immigrating masses of people to America who are not able to get jobs and earn a living?? I also ask this:
    How does a family who speaks French only and drives a 2006 Mercedes need Medicaid?

How does a woman who speaks only Spanish and drives a 2005 mini-van need Medicaid ?

Why do I see Americans paying huge co-payments on their insurance OR trying to pay cash and it's killing them financially. Why do I see retired U.S. veterans turn away medicine and tell me the veterans hospital doesn't have this particular medicine?

WHY did I see an elderly American couple pay OVER $1,000 for their monthly medicines last month??

Why do I see American women in flip flops with children in clothes which are too small looking for their last dollar in their purse, and then resort to counting change trying to pay for their healthcare??

After what I see everyday, I'm FURIOUS. Someone is to BLAME. They better get of their fannies up there in Washington and start running this country with respect for the American people.

Now we have this moron, (Bush), worrying and concerning himself more about his little corrupt chum down in Mexico than these Americans who I see everyday. UUUUUUGGHHHHHH.

I don't know what this program is but it looks "par for the Bush course".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know if it is illegal or not. I suspect not, if LaRaza isn't illegal. But I do believe it is discriminatory and that it is a funded special interest group that should be cut out of the budget!

The Federal Gov't has cut funds to homeless shelters all over this country and a very high percentage of the people who wind up in homeless shelters are US Veterans. I can't begin to tell you how angry it makes me to know that people like this get funding and our veterans can't.

I'm going to copy and paste this missive and send it to my congressman and senators, the senators from the state of Alabama, and the President of the US himself and ask them if they know what makes this outfit deserve 15,000 dollars when they are outright discriminating against people who are NOT Hispanic.

And do you notice that a third of their expenditures were administrative???? You tell me who's getting bamboozled here.

Judy? Bootsie? Where is that barf bucket?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reply from a Texan

No offense, but I almost had to laugh at the title you used. Not only is it legal, people take advantage of services like that every day.

I live in Texas and government funded health care for illegal immigrants is becoming a huge problem. I've had to completely cancel my health insurance because the premiums were out of control (unfortunatley, I'm self employed and don't have an "employer" to subsidize my benefits). One of the main reasons for the huge rise in premiums has to do with the amount of money insurance companies and hospitals are having to spend on uninsured illegal immigrants.

Example: If my husband and I wanted to have a child it would cost us approx. $15,000 (provided there are no complications). However, if I were here illegally I could walk into Parkland Hospital (where Kennedy was treated) and have my baby for free. Basically, our laws say that as a hospital you can not deny someone treatment based on their citizenship status. So... if you're here illegally and they have no way to collect payment (no "official" source of income, no documented wages to garnish, no credit history to ruin) you get your health care for free.

Sucks, huh?

If you really want to try it out -- go to www.buildthefence.net and get the "illegal immigrant" t-shirt, go to the emergency room, pretend not to speak english, don't give them any info. or ID and don't leave until they treat you. If it doesn't work in your hometown, just come to Dallas!

lrocchio,
    welcome to ALIPAC. Interesting post.

Irroccio, I tried to talk my husband into cancellling our health insurance as well. Through his company, which employs thousands of people all over the world, our health insurance costs us in excess of eleven thousand dollars a year now. His paycheck will be cut by about a hundred dollars every two weeks to make up the hike in the premium. The company doesn't pay a cent of this money--they just provide us with options. I haven't used that insurance for anything more than a sore throat in five years and it just seems senseless to me.

We were checking around because we will be retiring to NC and our health insurance there, although still way too high, will cost us considerably less. But you get stuck with the insurance rates from the state you live in and I notice that NC's premiums are escalating annually as well.

It sure does stink!

jj
    my wifes NC Blue Cross Blue Sheild runs me about $280 a month now.

Chas, is this a medicare supplement or regular insurance?

We can't do less than 800 a month here no matter what and that is cutting it back to 70% hospital bills and no prescriptions. What we have at group rates for 11,200 pays 80% hospital, all prescriptions for any reason, chiropractor, and, if you go to their dr. 100% office visits.

regular insurance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast