Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this legal?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Is this legal?

I came across this earlier and wanted to see if anyone knew if this is legal.
    In order for you to qualify for this college scholarship you have to be a illegal alien and of latino decent........

Chicano Organizing & Research in Education (CORE)
    Attn: Que Llueva Café Scholarship Program
    P.O. Box 160144
    Sacramento, CA 95816
    www.ca-core.org

Third Annual Que Llueva Café Scholarship Instructions
    Application Deadline: February 25, 2011
    Amount of Each Scholarship: $500

CORE proudly sponsors this scholarship to help undocumented students continue on their academic path. This
    scholarship is a response to the lack of financial assistance provided to students, who do not have the legal
    documentation, that attend college in the United States. In particular, we seek to support undocumented students
    that have met the rigorous academic requirements asked of them and hold the academic promise to achieve so
    much more.

The “Que Llueva Caféâ€

It sounds pretty racist actually, California is going down the 3rd world shit hole "it's like trying to defend your enemies!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As long as it's not public funds, I don't think it's illegal.

As for being racist, no.

There are scholarships offered for all ethnic, nationality-based (aka heritage), religion, disabilities, business, professional. Just have to google them to find them.

http://www.scholarships4students.com/he ... rships.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

There are scholarships offered for all ethnic, nationality-based (aka heritage),

I bet there is NOT one for a WHITE American
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You'd be surprised. In regrds to higher education, white males are getting screwed. Women are considered minorities.

Interesting read:
    http://www.collegescholarships.org/scho ... -guide.htm

My daughter was offered an oppurtunity to go to an all-black college on a full ride, but hey didn't have some classes and athletics she wanted, so did not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

It is racist, once you cross that border legal or not you leave all the BS at the door, we don't play that here!
    Just because you googled a bunch of COMMIE colleges, don't mean it's right.
    Obey the laws of our country, I don't care about the laws in your country,"Why?" because we ain't in your country! And it is against the law to harbor illegal aliens in anyway, ask ol' border patrol dude!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I think this program, as long as they say for illegal undocumented students only, falls under aiding andharboring criminal activity. I wonder if ICE and the Feds know of this program or if its just a local thing that is under the radar? A few calls to the Feds and local Law Enforcement could be in order there so they can put this group under the magnifying glass.

Here's another one:

Education is a Basic Human Right!
    The Association of Raza Educators (A.R.E.) is determined to provide an education that is equitable to all, regardless of citizenship status. A.R.E. believes that all students deserve an opportunity to attend college
    without discrimination of any kind. Through its fiscal sponsor, the Raza Education Fund, the Association of Raza Educators will provide undocumented students with an opportunity to realize their dreams of attending college.
    Each year A.R.E will award undocumented graduating seniors and continuing college students with a scholarship. The number of scholarships awarded each year will be determined by the amount raised and/or donated to the Raza Education Fund.

Scholarship recipients are selected based on need and their commitment to their communities. Students are required to turn in an application and go through a thorough interview process, which demonstrates how they are actively involved in their community. Scholarship recipients are expected to further the goals of A.R.E.

http://www.razaeducators.org/about_proj ... ship.html#

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

Banned
    The part that bothered me was that it was ONLY for illegals. I don't see how that can be legal. It is aiding in criminal behavior.

Banned
    "Education is a Basic Human Right! "

Really ? care to point out exactly where in our constitution this is spelled out?

Come to think of it there is NOTHING in the constitution about govt having anything to do with any education

Does mexico give free education and recognize it as a basic right? kind of doubt it.

Someone needs to slap these idiots to the curb

And it is aiding and abetting to offer any perk to any illegals period

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast