Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Re: Globalism

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian
    What do you think about globalism? Do you have any idea how the Chinese or other Asian people feel about this trend toward us all living out of each other's pockets?

According to Raly, globalism is a phenomenon which the Asians have embraced only too well. Globalism encompasses far too many aspects to give it a definite face.

He writes that in terms of trade, it's mainly due to globalism that many countries in Asia such as China (including Taiwan and HK) South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and many others have increased their wealth and therefore enabling their governments to provide a good life for their people. On the other hand, just like the American car factory workers, there are certain sectors in Asia that are not too pleased with the effects of globalism. Asian farmers for example hate the fact that their produce have become incompetitive due to the presence of subsidized farm products from the EU, US and Japan.

In terms of culture, many Asian traditions are now being eroded in favor of very Westernized MTV culture such as fastfood, western clothes, and very loud hip hop music. I bet kids nowadays in HK know more about Britney Spears or Eminem than Chinese opera.

Globalism has its upside and downside but to me the real question is, do we really have a choice? Can we afford to isolate ourselves from the so called global village just to preserve our ways?
    I was sort of back tracking through the discussion and this post caught my attention. Who is Raly? Are they a writer or some sort of author on globalism?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Brian, I never heard of Raly. Is that some European?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know. I was asking Vivian since she was quoting them.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He discovered Sri Lanka. No wait, I'm wrong....Raly is a WEALTHY shoe salesman who lives in Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He discovered Sri Lanka. No wait, I'm wrong....Raly is a WEALTHY shoe salesman who lives in Mexico.
    Raly earlier posted the answer to JJ's question about globalism, but somebody took Raly's entry out, being keen to stay on the topic of illegal immigrants. Raly is my husband. JJ asked about globalism, I don't know much about it and asked Raly to answer. Taking out Raly's entry, that' pretty rude too, do you agree Brian?

About LegalUScitizen visiting Hong Kong without legal documents, he can try swimming across the Pacific Ocean into the South China Sea, like Mexicans walking across the Arizona desert to reach the US. That's how a lot of Vietnamese and mainland Chinese sneaked to HK. Many were devoured by sharks. So, beware of sharks. While you are trying to land ashore, try not to be intercepted by the Hong Kong Marine Police, or you, like the Mexicans caught by the border patrol, will be deported from Hong Kong. Once you're in HK, you'll find a job easily teaching English. I suggest you leave your wife and kids in the US (the swim is too tough) you can always remit money back to them. Illegal immigrants to HK don't usually bring their wife and kids with them. Different places have different customs. If you are trying to sneak into HK, do it the HK way.

About LegalUScitizen visiting Hong Kong without legal documents, he can try swimming across the Pacific Ocean into the South China Sea,
    Perhaps LegalUSCitizen should consider changing his name to IllegalUSCitizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian
    Raly earlier posted the answer to JJ's question about globalism, but somebody took Raly's entry out, being keen to stay on the topic of illegal immigrants. Raly is my husband. JJ asked about globalism, I don't know much about it and asked Raly to answer. Taking out Raly's entry, that' pretty rude too, do you agree Brian?
    Thanks for the explanation Vivian! His post probably got lost during yesterdays web site maintenance. The maintenance lasted throughout most of the day, and later they reset the forum to an earlier time period. Anything posted on the forum during that time was erased. If he registered during the maintenance his account is also probably gone and he would need to register again. No wonder I was confused about the post.

Viv....you're not getting upset with me just because I'm going to move to Hong Kong, are you ? I'm still a good person. I plan to fly in and overstay my visa. That's a lot easier than swimming. Although I plan to buy a little boat while we're there.

Hey, maybe you could show US around ?! Let's be friends.

Well as long as I stay in my own country I'm a LegalUSCitizen. But over there I 'd prefer to call myself "Undocumented Worker" NEVER "IllegalUSCitizen" no way.
    Undocumented Visitor, Undocumented Person, Visa Overstayer, any of those are fine.

Just don't use that term "illegal". It sounds so "serious" and all I'm doing is living somewhere else for awhile !!

Even the President of the USA doesn't think it's really a bad thing. In fact he believes in it. I feel I'm going with blessings that it's really okay, and a pretty acceptable way to live these days. How else can I give my children the experience of living in Hong Kong. It might take US years to get approval. I can't wait for that.

Banned
    I really want to say something but LegalUSCitizen has got me laughing so hard I'm having trouble typing.

Let me deign to repeat myself....

Now I AM growing tired of this troll. If you can't offer substantive discussion, are you here to waste our time? What exactly IS your purpose in being here?

I'm still waiting to find out from you why this country should NOT have the right AND responsibility to deport ILLEGAL aliens. Can you at least answer that one question?
    Hellooooooo?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast