Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let's face it people... WHAT'S REALLY LEFT OF AMERICA?

American values are disappearing every day, so are the jobs, so is the land, to the point that I often ask myself this question: WHAT IS REALLY LEFT OF AMERICA?.

Americans people have values found only in Americans. Even if they hire all these illegals with their fake doctorates, software or electrical engineering degrees from obcure third world universities, Americans will always have an edge over any of them ( at least at time of writing this post) because they have that natural inventive, creative and productive mind these people come to only learn in our universities. Evidence is right in every day life. We are offered boring imported products no one wants to buy unless heavily discounted. Even dining out is a challenge to avoid food poisoning. This country was once the land of plenty, the land of american made quality products, before it was invaded by massive immigration under the cover of human right asylum or guest worker or else programs.

Many high paying jobs, other than farming or americans won’t do jobs, are now taken by illegals immigrants. Service sector is where most jobs are generated. R&D and Manufacturing have long gone offshore. Often we do get on line with India when calling Macy’s customer service.
    We are also constantly reminded that the rule to get a job nowadays is that WHAT YOU KNOW does not matter anymore, but it is WHO YOU KNOW that gets you a job. You know… networking, and all that BS they teach you in job search classes. The problem is they don’t tell you how to do networking with foreign culture or language people.

As long time job seekers desperately trying to get our jobs back, we’re condemned to network with indians (from india), asians or mexicans for jobs that pay less than half what they used to but more than survival jobs do. Alas, not very sucessfully are we able to explain our abilities to these hiring managers from other lands and cultures. They seem to look for something else that we don’t have, perhaps the ability to speak their foreign language so that we could better fits their workforce.

Many Americans are seen their savings at rock bottom levels like never before, survival jobs don’t cover all the expenses. It’s time for regain control of this country!!! What are you doing for survival out there?

Gee.....I've been struggling for so long. Done my clothes in shampoo and washed my hair with dishsoap. {depended what was available} Ate one small meal a day so my kids could eat. Cut coupons. Literally everything was a necessity. Hit the goodwill and garage sales. Always...always...want?, need? have to have? And then sadly I lost both my mom and dad in a year. My sister was killed years ago and so they left what they had to me. And by todays standards it's not much. But I do have a home now that is paid for. I absolutly hate where I live....but I'm grateful there's a roof over my head. I remember how hard my parents worked for this money in order to try and have a decent retirement. They earned it, I didn't. And by default, I survive. But I got the flag the Navy presented me at my dads funeral hanging on the wall and all the values they taught me and the spunk from my dad and temper of my mom and I won't let there sacrifices go un-noticed. My present to myself was this computer and everything else is back to want and need since I'm trying to help my oldest through college. My husband delivers pizza. He used to work for Xerox till that went bye-bye. So....it's day by day........just like most of the people I know. And alot of faith.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh....and I am still looking for employment. It hasn't been that long since my dad passed so I literally go day by day. It's not easy, but as they say....nothing worthwile ever is. I just have alot of faith in the American people as a whole. It's hard. I'm more a bull in the china shop kind of person. So it's testing my limits.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I talked with another friend of mine this morning. He told me he couldn't believe what I had told him last year had come to pass -- I tell him so much that I had to ask what in particular he meant. I had told him we were losing our country to Mexico.

He thinks our economy depends on these Mexican workers and without them we would not be able to operate produce farms -- I don't him that wasn't true. I never got to explain my ideas for a 'prison worker' program -- he said these were jobs the American people wouldn't do. At that time I had to let him know that in Mexico these workers make $3.00 - $4.00 a DAY and they could afford to work for $4.00 - $5.00 an hour.

I told him the American people did not create this economy and if it took them $10.00 hour to survive they couldn't work for $5.00 hour. He told me these workers are making about $12.00 hour to pick produce in another county.

I argue with him all the time! And let's just say we're not from the same 'class' -- he's learned how corporate America and the courts and treat the average citizen and he's not too happy about it either -- he's not so generous with his 'contributions' any more.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

It is hard. Guess I already knew there was bad and good and inbetween white people so I never felt like I was betraying my "race" if I didn't jump on the band wagon, and never felt like I was trying to be something I wasn't if I just wanted to emulate something I admired. It's such a fine and shakey line. I just know my dad told me to look at each person as an individual. And I have tried. My parents were country hillibillies from the word go, so I have no history of an elite lifestyle. I have nothing in common with them. My dad took pride in whatever he did and he did , what they say ,we won't do. He was always there to put me in my place when "I got too big for my britches". But my dad also taught me the appreciation of the law. Plus, such a dedication and pride to this country. So it makes my skin crawl to see what's happening. It shames me to be put in the same catagory as some of the white people that are out for a buck. But alot want to rid us on account of them. I am releived that so many of our black americans can tell the difference, because with all that's going on it's going to take that same understanding and strength to not repeat the same mistake with the immigrants that came here legally.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Gee.....I've been struggling for so long. Done my clothes in shampoo and washed my hair with dishsoap. {depended what was available} Ate one small meal a day so my kids could eat. Cut coupons. Literally everything was a necessity. Hit the goodwill and garage sales. Always...always...want?, need? have to have? And then sadly I lost both my mom and dad in a year. My sister was killed years ago and so they left what they had to me. And by todays standards it's not much. But I do have a home now that is paid for. I absolutly hate where I live....but I'm grateful there's a roof over my head. I remember how hard my parents worked for this money in order to try and have a decent retirement. They earned it, I didn't. And by default, I survive. But I got the flag the Navy presented me at my dads funeral hanging on the wall and all the values they taught me and the spunk from my dad and temper of my mom and I won't let there sacrifices go un-noticed. My present to myself was this computer and everything else is back to want and need since I'm trying to help my oldest through college. My husband delivers pizza. He used to work for Xerox till that went bye-bye. So....it's day by day........just like most of the people I know. And alot of faith.
    Yes, crazybird. We are millions of Americans like you. living a life only seen in undevelopped countries. Many of us will die from disease and malnutrition before we see the light at the end of the tunnel. At least you've got a roof over your head all paid for
    God bless you and your family

God bless you all! I love you!