Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lets help each other.....

......by making a list of companies that hire illegals and helping each other voice our opinion to these companies by mailing, emailing, phoning, writing, them. I was wondering if I can start such a thread? I would like to start with a company I worked for that employs illegals. I figure that it is obvious that people who visit this site really care about this issue and are willing to start doing something. If we can get everyone who visits this site to contact these companies and flood them with our disapproval of them hiring illegals, as well as having all of us reporting these same companies, maybe we can start making some headway. So what's the verdict? Can I start such a thread?

Great site!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I already know about that. Believe me, I already have it listed there. But let's face it, alot more people come here then go there. The more places that we post these companies, the better. If these companies know that there are alot of people out there that know what they are doing, they might be pressured into getting rid of their illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedup

I already know about that. Believe me, I already have it listed there. But let's face it, alot more people come here then go there. The more places that we post these companies, the better. If these companies know that there are alot of people out there that know what they are doing, they might be pressured into getting rid of their illegals.

This does sound logical. However, I'm not sure if this would open up liability issues.

I'm assuming that before any of us were to make accusations that a particular company is hiring illegals, we'd need to be darned sure this was a fact.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AEC
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedup

This does sound logical. However, I'm not sure if this would open up liability issues.

I'm assuming that before any of us were to make accusations that a particular company is hiring illegals, we'd need to be darned sure this was a fact.
    Very good, it's called libel. Because it is in form (written) to be reproduced it is more damaging than spoken word. You are dealing with businesses so their damages wouldn't be as hard to prove.

Very good, it's called libel. Because it is in form (written) to be reproduced it is more damaging than spoken word. You are dealing with businesses so their damages wouldn't be as hard to prove.
    Bravo! Did you get a passing grade in your first years Torts Class? Why don't you tell us about NY Times V. Sullivan.

Also, you do not need to prove damages in a libel case as in most jurisdictions, general damages are presumed by law for ALL Libels. Special damages need not be established.

Our perhaps you refering to Libel Per Se of perhaps Libel Per Quod?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You could also ask the manager if they have e verified the employees they have and if not , tell them you wont do buisness with them since they dont verified the employees they have. Tell them BYE.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Bravo! Did you get a passing grade in your first years Torts Class? Why don't you tell us about NY Times V. Sullivan.

Also, you do not need to prove damages in a libel case as in most jurisdictions, general damages are presumed by law for ALL Libels. Special damages need not be established.

I am impressed, you took torts; however you never passed the bar? You passed torts, but were kicked out after your first year for not passing the rest of your classes? You didn't pass the baby bar? If you did pass your classes, you would be an attorney making sure you took some of these cases to court. Or, are they not profitable enough to take to court. I thought this issue was about principle.

Not only passed but Suma Cum Laude graduate. I'll be sure to send my bar results. No results for you?

Quote Originally Posted by mushasmusha

Not only passed but Suma cum Laude graduate. I'll be sure to send my bar results. No results for you?
    Wow. I'm sure you are just very impressed with yourself. Your still boring as hell.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast