Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    LOL

They took down the poll.

http://www.nctimes.com/

I saved their posts for the FCC, in the event we encounter server problems or our board crashes. These wonderful DREAMies are showing their true sinister colors.

This is just more tangible evidence to support our cause. This is certainly not my idea of "good moral character." We already have enough scheming criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    This is typical illegal alien behavior. Laws, rules and policies mean nothing to them. Criminality is so entrenched....it's like breathing.
    Welcome to the DREAM Act Portal

Approximately 2.8 million students will graduate from United States High Schools this year. Some of them will go on to college, join the military, or take another path in life, eventually becoming active members of society, all equally American. However, in this sea of individuals, a group of approximately 60,000 will not have this opportunity, not because they lack motivation, but because of the status passed on to them by their parents. These often highly achieved individuals cannot attend college, enlist in the armed forces, or otherwise live a full life. Children that grew up on American soil, respect the laws of this country, and want nothing more than to be recognized for what they are, Americans, bear an inherited title of an “illegal immigrantâ€

Comments On This Story

107 COMMENTS AND RISING

Skip wrote on Oct 8, 2007 11:48 AM:" Just so you all know. Right now there is no shortage of people in the Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, or even the Marines. Now the Army, that may be a different story, but they increased their bonus's and even they are not doing that bad. Of course we all know where the Army and the National Guard will be going. GOT SAND? "

guttershark wrote on Oct 8, 2007 11:49 AM:" if you would give yourself a chance to talk to them..you wouldnt be able to distinguish them from any other american...only on the basis of skin color maybe, but other than that, they are almost the same as to someone born legal...some of them even are way more educated then the rest of the crowd.. "

MVet
    wrote on Oct 8, 2007 11:54 AM:" You may have missed the stories earlier this year about the Navy Sailors who had Shore Patrol Duty on the Tijuana Border, and they got caught sneaking in Illegal Aliens through their Navy Office, Back Door. And then there is my all time favorite story of the Illegal Alien, Border Patrol Agent who was selling rides across the border in his Official Border Patrol Truck. Why do I bring him up? It is because his previous job was as Navy Crypto Tech, for the previous 4 years. Apparently the Border patrol figured that since he was in the navy that they would get to his background check later. LOL "

San Diego-based sailor to be deported after serving 3-year-prison term wrote on Oct 8, 2007 11:59 AM:
    " http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/08 ... _30_06.txt "

Roberto wrote on Oct 8, 2007 12:03 PM:" Mexico is NOT a friend of the United States. Since 1848 Mexicans have resented the United States. During World War I Mexico allowed German Spies to operate freely in Mexico to spy on the U.S. During World War II Mexico allowed the Axis powers to spy on the U.S. from Mexico. During the Cold War Mexico allowed spies hostile to the U.S. to operate freely. The attack on the Twin Towers in 2001 was cheered and applauded all across Mexico. Today Mexican school children are taught that the U.S. stole California, Arizona, new Mexico and Texas. If you don't believe it, check out some Mexican textbooks written for their schoolchildren. "

Border Patrol Agent (EX- SAILOR) Arrested in Smuggling Case wrote on Oct 8, 2007 12:12 PM:
    " http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/08 ... 8_4_05.txt "

Mike wrote on Oct 8, 2007 12:33 PM:" So if they take out the Military provision as the activists want, then the Dream Amnesty Bill becomes just like the one that preceded it, and that one was already defeated. I got a better idea, Just send them back to where they came from, and let their country give them scholarships.- "

Skip wrote on Oct 8, 2007 12:35 PM:" It is Columbus Day. This is the first time I have had two days off consecutively in about 6 months. As I like to call this day, "It is in honor of the first "Illegal Aliens".- "

Skip wrote on Oct 8, 2007 12:40 PM:" If you are in the military and are not a U.S. Citizen (Permanent Resident), then you do not qualify for a security clearance. That means you job will be in non-electronics, non-nuclear, non-vital, and a whole bunch of other Non-secret positions. Some engineering positions will be open, but the most common positions filled are cooks, supply, service, and infantry.- "

Dohegora wrote on Oct 8, 2007 12:47 PM:" I strongly oppose the dream act. The only possible proposal would be for both Latino men and women to serve 4 years in the military, coupled with another 2 years of community services. Watch them all leave once they have achieved military and Social Security benefits. They have no desire to assimilate, but rather to milk the big American cow. Remember, most of them have no inkling of democracy and are used to the benefactor state (Big Brother) providing for all their needs without having to lift a finger.- "

Patriot wrote on Oct 8, 2007 1:10 PM:" Someone commented on selfish Americans. Our immigration and labor laws are by their nature selfish. They exist to control who comes into this country to protect the national security and economic self-interests of this country. As selfish as that may seem, our legal immigration levels are at historically high levels and arguably very generous compared to other countries. If you violate our immigration or labor laws for personal gain and expect to be excused and rewarded for it, many of us may find your behavior selfish. "

WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE MILITARY? wrote on Oct 8, 2007 1:34 PM:" No one here actually considers what is good for the military. Just like today's Liberals that refuse to let the Military actually win a war; I hope you take the following into consideration. If there is a large influx of people into the military that do not meet security clearance requirements then the military will have to artificially shuttle U.S. Citizens into critical billets to accommodate the non-citizens. We all know who make up the largest group of Illegal Aliens in the United States, but we will be opening up a Pandora's Box here. No one group of Illegals is more deserving or entitled then another, so we will also have to let in the Illegal Chinese (second largest group), the Illegal Muslims, the Illegal Africans, the Illegal Indian's, and God Forbid the Illegal Canadians. The military did away with two year enlistments as they are not practical for training purposes and the time and resources spent do not pay off in the long run. The United States Military is not the place for Political Social Experiments. "

To MGM wrote on Oct 8, 2007 1:34 PM:" How can you say that not granting legal status is punishment? Being a legal resident, much less a citizen, of the United States is a privilege, not a right, for anyone born outside of this country. There are millions of children across the globe who are living in conditions much worse than illegal alien children in the U.S., and for that matter even worse than in Mexico. There are also hundreds of thousands of foreigners waiting in line to come to this country legally. Why should the children of parents who broke the law have any more claim to the blessing of living in America than they do? Moreover, why should they be allowed to petition for their parents in the future? Do their parents have a special claim to this country that others legally and patiently waiting in line don't have? "

From a NY Blog wrote on Oct 8, 2007 1:42 PM:" north county is one of the most conservative places in san diego and california along with all the army people that live there all the old people it always tries passing anti-immigration laws for their cities. so it doesnt suprise me how the poll count is at "

OMEGANLTIN wrote on Oct 8, 2007 1:47 PM:" you must be very clever to vote more than twice.. Can't say it or else the NCT might be Watching.. I voted 12 times. PM me if u want to know how. RE: Do you support the proposed Dream Act? "

DZ wrote on Oct 8, 2007 2:12 PM:" Hi am a 23 year old student, hoping the Dream Act will pass. I am studying Cancer Biology and would like to be given a chance to study and do research to help cure this horrible disease. I have a Masters degree and want to get a phD sometime. I have been in this country since I was 10. My sister is an American Citizen, my girlfriend is an American Citizens and my parents are legal residents. Because of the broken immigration system I am stuck in limbo. Please support the Dream Act. My family pays taxes and pays for my school. I want nothing for free. "

DreamCatcher wrote on Oct 8, 2007 2:34 PM:" you guys dont understand, you make it seem like this is gonna last for years to come, its only about 40 days!!!...then after it passes we're home free and relax ALLLLL we want and the best part is, we can do it HOW WE want...you know?? just think "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... 0_6_07.txt

I have saved as ...a treasure chest
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

THEY MOVED IT

Do you support the proposed Dream Act?

Yes
    (460 Votes, 50%)

No
    (435 Votes, 48%)

Don't know
    (19 Votes, 2%)

http://www.nctimes.com/blog/poll/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

qingshu

did they really remove the poll? or are they just afraid of the results?

For all of you who wants to continue the abuse,

http://www.nctimes.com/blog/poll/

Its at the left.

http://www.dreamact.info/forum/about2854-0-asc-105.html

Skip wrote on Oct 9, 2007 7:16 PM:

" I know there are dream act activists from the east Coast watching this blog intently, and I don’t blame them. I gave their Dream Act Web Portal a good looking over and read most of what they had to say. I was beginning to have sympathy with their plight, and I do understand their dilemma, but then on the news today I listen to the ex-president of Mexico call Americans racists, and xenophobe’s, and then there is this guy named Gutierrez who is suing the federal Government to stop the social security match program, and with a straight face he is saying that there are millions of Hispanics who are legal, but do not have matching social security cards. Then I read stories of our local Illegal Aliens activists who take U.S. citizens to court on trumped up charges, and cry and scream for rights of non-taxpaying illegal aliens all the while waving flags from foreign countries. And then I say enough is enough. We are paying for this. Our governments failed polices are costing us through the nose. I have to pay for my own children’s private school K-12, because our local public school has 40% students who do not speak English. And then to add insult California’s biggest expenditures go to public schools. And then I get mad and fed up and I say enough is enough. I want my tax dollars and our country’s resources to go to American citizens. There are just not enough resources to support the third worlds poor who believe they can flaunt our laws and get everything, just because they are here. "

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... 0_6_07.txt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123