Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let's stop the voice vote procedure by the U.S. Senate!!

Copy of Letters sent to TN. Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Coker.
    The news media has reported that the Senate is up to their old tricks by using a voice vote relating to S.1348. First of all this procedure should be abolished as it is an underhanded way to keep the American public from seeing how individuals in the Senate vote.I have visited your website and read your views concerning this Anmesty bill of which I concur. Back to the underhanded voice vote procedure. It would be nice if one or both of Tennessee Senators would introduce a bill that would abolish this procedure. I know if the American public was aware of this voice vote procedure and it hides accountabilty for every Senator, They would demand it be abolished.I will put copies of this letter on anti-immigration blogs to get others to help me spread the word on this cowardly voting procedure.
    Sincerely,
    Ed Cooper

Bubba, I am not sure what the voice vote is??
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I know what a voice vote is, but I would be shocked to see them be able to get away with one on this.

If they do a voice vote, the speaker will ask for those in favor and anyone supporting it yells out YEA!

Then the speaker asks for those opposed and people against the vote yell out NEA.

At that point, the speaker can say "The Nays" or "The Yeas" have it.

But if someone screams out "DIVISION!" they have to count vote by vote!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S. Senate and the voice vote.

A voice vote is a procedure where each senators vote is not tabulated. As mentioned by the Administrator they ask for the yeas and nays and the louest voice wins. This is how they voted in the Terri Shiavo case and no one knew who voted for or against the bill. The Administrator might be right on the final vote for cloture of S.1348, but CNN, I believe has reported that they have been using the voice vote on some of the admentments. What if they voice voted against an admendment that you believe was a good one? Forget about knowing who voted for or against it. It's funny that the House doesn't feel they need this kind of underhanded procedure to vote on their bills.
    Do you really trust the senate to always vote in the best interest of the American public? They snuck in at midnight while most senators who would have voted no to their bill were asleep and passed it in the Terri Shiavo case.
    Personally I want to know how every senator votes on every bill and admendment.