Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from California State Senator

Thank you for your comments urging me to take a strong stand against illegal immigration. I appreciate the time you have taken to make me aware of your concern. I have taken the liberty of adding your name to our mailing list to give you future updates on this issue.

Illegal immigration costs the taxpayers of California $10 billion every year. That's $10 billion that we could have used to build more schools, hire more teachers, widen miles of overcrowded freeways and improve public transportation or that could have been used to balance the state's budget. In addition, illegal immigration presents a serious and dangerous threat to national security. If a migrant worker can easily cross the border to find work, so can terrorists.

America is a great country of freedom, democracy, and justice for all. But those aren't just words' they're rewards for the thousands of immigrants who follow America's citizenship process. The hard work and commitment of those who have legally immigrated must be honored. Turning a blind eye to the thousands who cross the border illegally sends a message that citizenship is not valued, sacrifice is not respected, and that the government has neither the time nor the energy to do the right thing.

These are reasons why, during past legislative sessions, I have supported legislation that would have helped secure our border by allowing local police more latitude in working with the US Immigration Service on deportment of illegal immigrant offenders, allowing California to have its own Border Police to assist the federal government in sercuring our borders and legislation to prevent illegal immigrants from applying for a California Driver's License. I also voted for legislation to stop over $50 million in handouts to illegal immigrants attending our state colleges and a bill that would have made sure only US citizens maintained the right to vote in California elections. While most of this legislation failed passage, you can be assured that during this legislative session I will continue to be vigilant concerning this important issue.

It is always a pleasure to hear from my constituents. Please do no hesitate to contact me whenever you have concerns about State matters.

Sincerely,
    Dave Cogdill
    Senator 14th District

I couldn't have said it better. If only he was the govenor.

wow. If Cali had more elected officials like him, it wouldn't be in the mess that it's in now.

Cogdill for Governor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    wow. If Cali had more elected officials like him, it wouldn't be in the mess that it's in now.
    If we didn't unconstitutional political districts we WOULD have more like him, and more like him in Congress also. Most of the non-citizens are put into "Democratic" districts so we end up with more Democrats in the legislature and Congress than if the non-citizens were not counted or split equally between Democrat and Republican districts.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This senator is a REAL patriot! MORE power to him and his FELLOW patriots in the California legislature and elsewhere!