Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter to Editor in OK - Terms misused in immigration debate

Terms misused in immigration debate

Oklahoman 0
    Published: July 25, 2010

I'm tired of the doublespeak and euphemisms that plague our society. I'm chiefly speaking about the debate over "illegal immigration." It's not really illegal immigration at all, nor does it even qualify as immigration. It's encroaching or squatting but not immigration. Immigration is the legal process by which one comes to this country for naturalization.

I have no problem with immigrants, but the people I speak of aren't immigrants. There's a horrible tendency in society to try to use less-offensive language so as to spare feelings. Nothing in the Constitution protects your feelings. What's protected is the freedom to speak the truth, to call these people what they are, which is illegal aliens who are criminally living among us. Use of the term "illegal immigration" needs to stop. The term only perpetuates sympathy toward people who've not just broken but defied our law as usurpers and gives rise to more of the same. The most disgusting example is a catchphrase that's newly popular in the media: "undocumented workers."

Let's call a pot a pot, a kettle a kettle, an immigrant an immigrant and an alien an alien.

Kyle O'Neill, Edmond

http://newsok.com/article/3478896
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Outstanding.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Banned
    Of course they are not immigrants

They are illegal aliens , many are criminals to start with

many have been previously deported , many have police records in this country

In simple language they are invaders, thieves and squatters ,

There is no way to sugar coat the fact that they are a criminal and lawless class of people.

I don't mean that to sound racist or biased in any way, but when millions of people from one country completely walk all over the laws and sovereign rights of one nation to steal , lie , cheat and grub for anything they can get with no regard for any but themselves , what are normal people suppose to think?

What other country on earth would allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts

I don't mean that to sound racist or biased in any way...
    You would not feel you had to apologize that you are not a racist if 12 million Austrailians* came here illegally. You would be just as ticked off and would feel free to express your anger without reservation.

I am begining to think we all (me, too) should ignore the race card and stop apologizing. It just makes us sound defensive. Time to go on the attack.

(*Or, if you are not Caucasian, what ever country you pick.)
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong