Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from Family member

In France it’s even worse, and they are dealing with immigration woes at present. People living in third world nations know they can find a better life elsewhere. Successful/superior nations are at risk of being overcome by mobs of immigrants. Is it worse now because we are now also involved, or has this problem been festering in other nations for centuries? It seems to me that European nations, especially Spain, France, and England have had to resort to very strict immigration laws, which help some. An over population on the part of those third world countries hurt us all.

We in the USA are helping to avert a revolution in Mexico, which needs to take place. We are serving as a band aide for that country's corruption. All power does corrupt. Since these "immigration" talks, additional illegal immigration is taking place. In Colorado, about six vans full of illegal immigrants from Mexico have crashed in our high ways within the last three weeks. Any one from half the world seems to be able to attend our schools. Our Children's Hospital is saturated with the children of the illegal. The voters of Colorado voted themselves a disguised tax to help support illigals. It was called "Referendum C." The State now does not have to refund to us our excess tax payments. It is this kind of stupidity that makes me lose hope. White folks see a "picture" of a sad little Mexican in the newspapers, and they bleed with guilt. The Democrats along with their media really know how to get their liberal positions passed. All I can do is tell myself that this country gets what it deserves! We have problems as a nation because we tend to be oblivious to the plots/plans of others. We trust much too easily. However, I also understand that we are that way because of our disgusting affluence. The rich of this country think that their money will insulate them from the rest of the world. We have illegal workers because big and small businesses want it this way. Our Government is "rolling" in it. Our hard-earned money goes to bullshit programs. Wish we had that flat tax they talk about. I had to write a check today so that our government can waste it on some creep who needs it less than I do. Well, must stop now.

I would rather donate to Mexico to make it better there than to have the onslaught of illegals arriving in the US in droves.

Yes, we bleed for others much too easily. We are generous to a fault. Most of us have had hard times and want to 'save' others. America has a 'savior' complex. Let me tell you that the worst mistakes I ever made in my life were due to an overload of compassion.

Since it's true that the illegals are pawns...Mexico has them doing double duty...they're not only expatriated, they're expected to send back gobs of cash and then the Mexican elite doesn't have to face the revolution that it has earned.

And ol' Jorge doesn't mind accepting that 'help' from the Mexican expats...he can use 'em to bust the middle class in America who are going to give the globalists a problem. As long as there is a strong, unified middle class in America we will not be defeated...and ol' Jorge knows it.

Meantime, the exploited Mexicans don't get their revolution...they spend a not too happy nor secure life in America where they are truly unwanted...they miss out on home, family and a lot of other very important things in order to do this little dirty job for both countries...both corrupt leaders.

Let's practice tough love and send 'em home.

MJ

Australia

Australia was being over run and they slammed the door shut. Too bad we are not surrounded by water. However, there efforts to end illegal immigration have been successful. I wonder what their immigration laws say about punishment, deportation, quotas... Other countries for that matter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Truer words have not been spoken. Yes, we are the bandaid for corrupt Mexican (Vinnie Fox for example) and other foreign leaders, as well as their cash cows. I'm in favor of tough love too - let these citizens of poor and corrupt third world countries confront their leaders/wealthy rich elites and demand the wealth they hog be shared with the starving and oppressed masses.

American citizens are not responsible for the rest of the world despite what our so-called leaders do and often behind our backs and without our votes. Let others from third world nations stay in their home countries and make the demands of their leaders they should have been making all along. The average American just has enough to deal with and worry about with day-to-day living without being expected to take on the rest of the world's woes.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

This article is three years old but due to the topic and postings in the thread, I think it appropriate. Tough love and weaning Vinnie Fox and his hoards of poor off the USA teat (we are their cash cows) will benefit our nation enormously.

September 12, 2003

http://www.vdare.com/walker/mexico_the_rich.htm

Mexico’s Rich Don’t Like To Pay Taxes – They Think You Should
    By Brenda Walker

[More by Brenda Walker]

“Poor Mexico, so far from God, so close to the United States" is an early example of the now-familiar annoying whine, first voiced by Mexican President Porfirio Diaz .

Pathetic loser, mooch, social basket case, criminal narco-state: these are Americans' mental pictures of Mexico.

But more than any other, the image is one of staggering poverty. Anyone who has been to a Mexican border town is immediately overwhelmed by the Third World - the oppressive dirt, decay, too many underfed children.

However, the truth is that Mexico is a very wealthy country. It is blessed with abundant natural resources and a fortunate location. Mexico is the richest nation in Latin America when measured by GDP, and by a wide margin: in 2001, Mexico's GDP was the highest in Latin America, a substantial 22.5 percent more than runner-up Brazil. When GDP per capita is the gauge, Mexico is second only behind Argentina.

Half of all Latin American billionaires, 11 out of 22, are Mexicans.

Mexico is the quintessential banana republic—a corrupt oligarchy of arrogant rich, a tiny middle class and millions of poor people, around half of whom live in poverty.

But Mexico is not poor overall. It has the resources to improve itself.

Economist Gary Hufbauer of the Institute for International Economics recently noted that Mexico has tax collections that amount to only 14 percent of the country's gross domestic profit, compared with the U.S. level of 25 to 28 percent.

Hubauer’s conclusion: "Basically the wealthy classes do not want to tax themselves, period."

Hufbauer further remarked:

"Basic social services and infrastructure are awfully lean for a country that wants to move ahead. While I'm not usually an advocate for larger government, Mexico is a country where public investment, done wisely, could pay huge dividends."

Arguably, with adequate taxation of its freeloader rich, Mexico could follow the example of the Asian tiger nations and invest its way into economic progress by building industrial infrastructure and educating its workforce. The recent loss of Mexican jobs to China was partially due to the lack of capital spending on education, ports, roads and industrial parks.

But investment would cost money. And Mexico refuses to take responsibility for the social needs of its population. It's so much easier to let the Americans care for Mexico's poor.

Indeed, the Mexican propaganda war to convince Americans of the need to support poor Mexico has been largely successful.

Washington's current degree of solicitude for the well being of Mexicans is quite astonishing, particularly at a time when Americans are suffering the highest unemployment in nine years. Congress and the President are considering various welfare packages for Mexico; such as Sen. McCain's "guest worker" plan (where the "guests" never leave).

On July 10, the Senate passed a bill to provide $100 million in microloans for the poorest regions of Mexico. It's stunning that Congress would vote to provide financial aid to wealthy Mexico when 47 U.S. states have severe budget deficits and federal red ink is the highest ever.

Central to Mexican strategy is maintaining the billions of dollars in remittance money flowing south, thereby keeping a lid on social unrest among the masses. In that way, the oligarchy preserves its enormous power and riches.

The immigration scam is very successful: the rulers export their unemployment to the United States and get back billions in remittance cash annually— 2003 is on track to rack up a record $11 billion.

Talk about easy money: the worse the oligarchy run the country, the more people leave and send back money.

Furthermore, every social service for illegal aliens and legal immigrants financed by the American taxpayer—medical care, K-12 education, college tuition breaks, housing vouchers and food stamps—frees up more money for remittances.

Recent surveys show half of Latino immigrants send money home, with a monthly average amount of $250.

Mexico's propaganda effort is helped enormously by the annual carnage of unprepared walkers who die in the desert as they illegally cross into the U.S. Predictably, the May death of 19 people in an unventilated truck in Texas incited anti-borders extremists to pile blame on American immigration law.

Mexico would prefer that all its excess workers could cross an unenforced border to keep remittance dollars flowing.

Washington is currently focused on building democracy in Iraq at a cost of $4 billion per month. But should this effort really be at the top of our national priorities?

A much smaller investment could bring our southern border under control and would lower the threat of terrorists entering there. The expanding power of lawless elements in Mexican society, e.g. narco-traffickers, must be recognized as a security threat - particularly with recent reports of connections between Mexican drug cartels and terrorists, including al Qaeda. Border control is now critical to national security.

There's no reason why Mexico cannot evolve from being a parasite state into an adult nation. Washington was optimistic when opposition party candidate Vicente Fox won the presidency.

But the Fox administration has only displayed more of the same tiresome dependence.

Apparently the current system is just too easy and profitable for the insatiable ruling class.

Tough immigration enforcement from the United States is the only way to force Mexico to get its act together.

If Mr. Bush still thinks of Vicente Fox as his good friend, the President will help wean his pal from the distasteful immigration addiction that keeps Mexico mired in the Third World.

Tough love - border and interior enforcement – is the true expression of caring.

Faced with the unavoidable necessity of fixing their country, Mexicans would have to insist that the country be run for the benefit of all - not for the gluttonous few.

Brenda Walker [email her] is a writer living in California. She publishes two websites, LimitsToGrowth.org and www.ImmigrationsHumanCost.org. She recently advanced the ingenious suggestion that remittances be taxed in order to pay for illegal immigrant healthcare costs borne by border hospitals.

The articles on VDARE.com are brought to you by the Lexington Research Institute and The Center for American Unity. We are supported by generous donations from our readers. Contributions are tax deductible and appreciated. Contribute...

[ Home ] [ Up ] [ Why VDARE.com / The White Doe? ] [ FAQ ] [ Blog ] [ e-Bulletins ] [ Contact Us ] [ VDARE.com People Pages ] [ Links ] [ Search ] [ Blog Search ] [ Archive ] [ Letters ] [ Make A Tax-Deductible Contribution ]

RSS 2.0 Feed...

Copyright © 1999 - 2006 VDARE.com
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me