Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter Forsyth Technical Community College Board of Trustees

Letter fron Jeffrey R. Mcfadden, Chairman Forsyth Technical Community College Board of Trustees. Sept 6, 2007

Dear Mr. xxxxx:

I am writing in response to your recent letter to each member of the Forsyth Technical Community College Board of Trustees.
    As you correctly state, the Board voted unanimously in 2005 to admit undocumented immigrants to Forsyth Tech as students in credit courses under certain conditions, namely:
    they must have graduated from a North Carolina high school;

if they do not provide a social security number or proof of residency in North Carolina, they must pay out-of-state tuition (out-of state tuition is determined by the state to be the actual cost of attending the community college, thus no state or local funds are used to provide their education);
    they may not enroll in programs leading to licensure or certification for
    which they would be ineligible (for example, they may not enter nursing,
    allied health, or public safety programs).

As you know, the issue of undocumented immigrants is a complex one with no easy answer. Forsyth Tech's policy is a humane and pragmatic one that recognizes that, although undocumented, many young people have grown up and graduated from high school in our community and have committed no crime, although their parents may have immigrated illegally. They are here, and as long as they are, we want to educate them (but not at taxpayer expense), so that they can be productive members of society. Our policy is similar to that of most other North Carolina community colleges and the University of North Carolina system. We believe this is the appropriate policy for Forsyth Tech.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey R. McFadden, Chair
    Forsyth Technical Community College
    Board of Trustees

Sept 8, 2007

Dear Mr. McFadden

Thank you for your recent letter concerning illegal aliens at FTCC. I would like to respond.

The Supreme Court ruling requires states to accept illegal aliens in public elementary and secondary schools but makes no mention of colleges. It is pretty well known that a majority of Forsyth County do not approve of using their tax dollars to subsidize the education of illegal aliens. In fact the majority of Forsyth County believe that illegal aliens should not even be here.

If you don't have a social security number or proof of residency in North Carolina you are here illegal and subject to arrest and deportation. Also we the taxpayer do pay for the upkeep of the buildings, campus, landscaping , security, ect What part are the illegal aliens paying for? I would also like to remind you that if these people are working a job, they may be doing so on forged documents. You must realize that this would be unacceptable.

Say a number of years ago, my parents bought a house. As time went on they found they could not make the mortgage payments and the bank was to foreclose. Would you feel that the bank should go ahead and give me the house, for I shouldn't be blamed for the mistakes that my parents made? I agree with most people that our immigration system is broken. I feel that until Congress passes some kind of law, we must all abide by the law as it is written at this time. But what gives the Board of Trustees the right to decide what laws it will follow? In other words, what part of illegal don't you people understand?

If you are in the United States illegally (whether 1 day old or 100 years old) you are suject to arrest and deportation and no excuse in the world will change that. We are planning a protest at the homes of FTCC Board of Trustees members in the future.

Regards.

xxxxxxx

I will be meeting with Dr. Gary Green (president of FTCC) on Sept 11,2007 about the illegal aliens at the college.[/b]
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

Does out of state tuition really cover all the costs? How many citizens might be displaced by illegal aliens at the schools?

Thanks for doing this Chairman. Let us know what you find out.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

How do they plan on verifying proof of residency ? Or, for that matter tell if a social Security Card is real or fake ? Will they start accepting Federal Tax Identification Numbers ?

Too many question's in my book.

There are way's for a student to enroll in a college in the U.S.. It's called a student VISA, and once your education is complete, go home.

Quote Originally Posted by locallaw4u
    How do they plan on verifying proof of residency ? Or, for that matter tell if a social Security Card is real or fake ? Will they start accepting Federal Tax Identification Numbers ?

Too many question's in my book.

There are way's for a student to enroll in a college in the U.S.. It's called a student VISA, and once your education is complete, go home.
    [b]

They are NOT verifying proof of residency or social security numbers.
    You have to only graduated from high school in North Carolina.
    I have a lot of question's. Will let you know.
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>