Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter From Govenor Mitch Daniels

Thank you for your letter to Governor Daniels. He is grateful for the time you took to share your thoughts with him.

Due to the issue of illegal immigration being handled at the federal level, the Governor is unable to present change on this matter. He has, however, made some specific comments regarding illegal immigration in Indiana. He is hopeful the federal government will take the necessary steps to tighten the borders and establish the nation's sovereignty. He does not believe that immigration laws should be broken or that immigration/law enforcement officials look the other way. However, he does believe there are many citizens who consider illegal immigrants vital to their business operation.

To express your thoughts on immigration reform and enforcement on a federal level, we would suggest forwarding your comments to your U.S. Senators, Senator Lugar and Senator Bayh. For your convenience, we are including their contact information with this letter.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please be sure to contact Governor Daniels in the future.

Sincerely,

Suzi Spahr

Agency Liaison

Office of the Governor

Senator Richard Lugar

(317) 226-5555

senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov

Senator Evan Bayh

(317) 554-0750

senator_bayh@bayh.senate.gov

Sounds totally lame to me.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

And both Senators voted in favor of the amnesty bill just passed by the senate.

he does believe there are many citizens who consider illegal immigrants vital to their business operation.
    Ummm......
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

I am so sick of hearing this is handled on a federal level, it is an excuse to do nothing, they have all been told to say this or they all wouldn't be saying the same thing. I was told this by my state representative and our county sheriff's department also.