Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from My Piece of Garbage in the House of Reps

Dear Mr. JECG:

Thank you for contacting me with your opposition to the visa waiver program. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Since the events of September 11, 2001, concerns have been raised about the ability of terrorists to enter the United States under the visa waiver program (VWP). Nonetheless, the inclusion of countries in the VWP may help foster positive relations between the United States and those countries, and promote tourism, commerce, and cooperation in preventing terrorism. The VWP allows nationals from certain countries to enter the United States as temporary visitors for business or pleasure without first obtaining a visa from a U.S. consulate abroad. Temporary visitors for business or pleasure from non-VWP countries must obtain a visa from Department of State (DOS) officers at a consular post abroad before coming to the United States. The VWP constitutes one of a few exceptions under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) in which foreign nationals are admitted into the United States without a valid visa.

By eliminating the visa requirement, this program facilitates international travel and commerce and eases consular office workloads abroad, but it also bypasses the first step by which foreign visitors are screened for admissibility to enter the United States. In FY2005, 15.8 million visitors entered the United States under this program, constituting 56% of all overseas visitors. To qualify for the VWP, the INA specifies that a country must: offer reciprocal privileges to U.S. citizens; have had a nonimmigrant refusal rate of less than 3% for the previous year or an average of no more than 2% over the past two fiscal years with neither year going above 2.5%; issue their nationals machine-readable passports that incorporate biometric identifiers; certify that it is developing a program to issue tamper-resident, machine-readable visa documents that incorporate biometric identifiers which are verifiable at the country's port of entry; and not compromise the law enforcement or security interests of the United States by its inclusion in the program. Countries can be terminated from the VWP if an emergency occurs that threatens the United States' security interests.

All aliens entering under the VWP must present machine-readable passports. In addition, passports issued between October 26, 2005, and October 25, 2006, must have a digitized photo on the data page, while passports issued after October 25, 2006, must contained electronic data chips (e-passports). Under Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations, travelers who seek to enter the United States through the VWP are subject to the biometric requirements of the US-VISIT program.

Numerous countries, including Poland, Estonia, Israel, and South Korea, have expressed interest in being a part of the VWP. DHS and DOS have provided these countries with "road maps" to help them meet the requirements of the program. However, some of the countries have complained that the "road maps" do not contain milestones or time tables. In addition, others contend that since U.S. consular officers are the ones that approve or disapprove applications for visas, it is extremely difficult for countries to affect their visa refusal rates and meet the requirements of the program.

I share your concern about illegal immigration, which includes overstaying visitor visas, and the dangers that come with it. I believe the best answer to addressing this problem is full and effective enforcement of our immigration laws. In order to ensure full enforcement, Congress must provide the resources necessary for the job. I will keep your thoughts and concerns in mind as Congress continues to debate immigration policy and the war on terror.

Thank you again for writing to me on this issue. If I can be of any additional assistance, please contact me at 503-326-2901 or 800-422-4003. If you would like to receive regular email updates from me, please go to my website at www.house.gov/wu to sign up.

With warm regards,
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Watch when the first terrorist attack occurs (a big one,) our borders will be clamped down as tight as a drum.
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by standingalone
    Watch when the first terrorist attack occurs (a big one,) our borders will be clamped down as tight as a drum.
    Only to keep people in. If you hadn't noticed, the only clamping down our government has done is against honest citizens.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Letter from My Piece of Garbage in the House of Reps

Quote Originally Posted by jecg_97030
    Dear Mr. JECG:

If you would like to receive regular email updates from me, please go to my website at www.house.gov/wu to sign up.
    yea, tell him you'd like regular email updates from him, letting you know what he's doing to protect America.
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Only to keep people in. If you hadn't noticed, the only clamping down our government has done is against honest citizens.
    That's all been done to take away our freedoms and to shove mexican culture down our throats.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The innured American masses will have finally become awoken, once again.

They will ask why our govt. did not protect us and seal the border, why so many foreigners from hostile nations were allowed in and the blame game will rage on.

I blame American's for knowing but not acting, our govt for taking advantage of American's too busy working to make ends meet, or too busy pursuing the dying American dream and illegals for not wanting to stay in their Country.

The days our laws are obeyed, the day the border is sealed, is the day of the Mexican Revolution. What I fear and can see( from my more or less sanctuary from the mainstream) is the day Mexican terrorist plant dirty bombs on American soil in retailation of American's forcing our govt. to act.

I reside in a small country town, where recently a tatoo parlor came in with a Huge Poster of Che in the shops window.
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Sadly, I don't even think that will secure our borders. I really thought after 9/11 our borders would finally be secure but illegal immigration is worse than ever. Not even something as horrific as 9/11 could get this anti-American, NAU, SPP loving president to secure our borders.

The only way our borders will ever be secure is if we actually get a president in office who has "a pair".

Nicole

working4change
    I got that form letter from rep also.

The big H1B visa worker march is in DC on Sept. 18th Tuesday. The protest is to expedite the visa wait time. The corporations will be there to exert lobby pressure on the Congress.

bumping up
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

I reside in a small country town, where recently a tatoo parlor came in with a Huge Poster of Che in the shops window.[/quote]

Check your state, county, and local ordinances (zoning and every other one you can think of). It will take some reading.....well, probably a lot of reading.....but you should be able to find something that will enable you to contact the appropriate agency, asking that the poster be removed.

There are ordinances galore on the books concerning signage, up to and including, the fact that anything displayed must be pertinant to the business displaying it, and may not be offensive to any member of the public. There are so many restrictions on signs in most places that you might be able to find more than one and under just about any category such as those pertaining to size and location, political type signs, etc.

Once you've done your research, file your complaint in writing to the appropriate agency/agencies, cite what ordinances/statutes you feel are being violated, and, if at all possible, include a picture of the business w/ the poster in the window. I would also include a brief description of exactly who Che Gurrero was because a lot of people don't realize what he was about and it can make all the difference in the world in making your case about the poster as you explain why such displays are not beneficial to the image of your community, or building goodwill between those living there.

It's easy enough to beat these people at their own game, and remember, you don't have to just sit back and take it. They will only do what they are permitted to get away with
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)