Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter to my Republican Senator

Dear Senator XXX,

Please do not associate yourself with S. 1348 in any way. Look at the way it is being received in Republican gatherings this past week. It is an object of deep derision.

Please take a lesson from the reception Senators Chambliss, Isakson and Graham received over the weekend. Their constituents are not happy with their support of this flawed bill. As your constituent and lifelong Republican, I will not be happy if you support S. 1348.

I reserved my comments until I could understand the details of this bill. Now that patriotic members of the US Senate and the media are disclosing the details, I'm going to ask you to oppose this bill.

I oppose the bill for these primary reasons:

1. The bill does nothing to reduce the number of illegal aliens already in the country.

2. The enforcement provisions are a farce; we ALL know that if we don't insist on enforcement before ANY other discussions, the enforcement will never take place. We have absolutely had it with being lied to about how we're "going" to enforce the border.

I also don't trust our President regarding border enforcement. He has repeatedly shown his disdain for American citizens and American sovereignty.

3. The bill does nothing to protect the jobs of American citizens or legal resident aliens.

4. The underhanded nature of the way the bill was created. I was absolutely repulsed when I read in the Dallas Morning News that the Mexican government participated in the drafting of the bill while 94 US Senators were excluded: "The Mexican government has been in permanent communication with distinct actors in the debate and has expressed its points of view on the subject, in a climate of respect for the U.S. legislative process".

President Bush, Senator Reid and Senator Kennedy tried to rush this bill to a vote. Anyone with half a brain knows that this was an attempt to avoid public scrutiny and keep Senators in opposition from having a voice.

5. Most of the provisions are unmanageable, especially by an administration that is not interested in enforcing immigration laws. I agree with Senator Schumer that the bill will be a magnet for further illegal immigration; both immediately and as a second wave.

6. Back taxes are forgiven. I would not be forgiven on a tax bill under any circumstances, why should illegal aliens be given a pass on taxes?

7. The cost of the program to the American taxpayer is unknown but will undoubtedly be in the trillions of dollars.

8. Nearly everyone agrees this bill amounts to amnesty in direct opposition to the wants of the voting public. It absolutely rewards lawbreakers.

9. 1986, did we learn anything from history?

10. No distinction between good and bad people being granted Z Visas. Gang members, ID thieves and released criminals will all be granted the Z Visa.

When did the desires of 20 million people override the demands of 300 million? Overwhelmingly, the citizens of the US want border enforcement and immigration laws enforced.

The Senate needs to stop messing around and do what the people want done. Two miles of border fence tells us that our government is not serious in enforcement. Get serious or we'll find someone who will. We will not forget if you vote for this piece of garbage.

Sincerely,
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

jecg you've got it! Now is not the time to let up on those that voted for cloture.

Don't let them off the hook.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

jecg,

well said!

Might I use it? I would edit a bit to fit my Dem. senators.

In particular that Title 1, Section 113 (and I will need to make sure it has remained the same, when we see the finished bill) endorses the NAU, which will destroy the sovereignty of the USA. Therefore, IMO, anyone who votes for this bill is a traitor.

Both Murray and Cantwell (WA.) will, IMO, vote for S. 1348. They both have sent me letters in the recent past, in reply to me, that they believe this country needs 'comprehensive immigration reform'. Both voted 'Aye' today.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Absolutely I encourage you to use any or all of it if you like.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Noice!