Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter:Our Crowded Country Must Limit Newcomers

Our crowded country must limit newcomers
    January 19, 2009

Many people repeat the pro-illegal immigration mantra that "America was built by immigrants." And it's true that many of our ancestors were immigrants. But the country was not overpopulated when waves of immigrants arrived in the distant past.

The U.S. population is now more than 300 million. Forty years ago, it was less than 200 million. And we now have water shortages, power shortages, jammed highways, disappearing open spaces and more and more pollution and crime.

Now imagine if we were to add 100 million more people every 40 years. That would be unsustainable.

We need to work on serious population control overall, including for native-born citizens. But for people such as the writer of the recent letter "Nation of immigrants can't close its doors" (Jan. 12) to suggest that we should just let in anyone who wants to come is irrational.

If the nation is struggling with its current population, just imagine adding millions to the count every year. Michelle AlstonBaltimore

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinio ... 4828.story
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are also going to run into a lack of food, as so many agricultural areas have been taken over by developers to build houses during the real estate boom.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To some weird extent to the imagination I have to say I can see with an open mind that alot of people want to think and truly believe that we as a nation can survive with mass immigration(illegal and legal), to help the unfortunate, and everything will be ok. Through their ROSE colored glasses it will be the end of a once peaceful, prosperity , and a rule of law country that will no longer exsist. They have been brainwashed by their own enemy, our government!
    No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent.
    Abraham Lincoln

April
    Now imagine if we were to add 100 million more people every 40 years. That would be unsustainable.
    It would create Absolute Chaos!

I Dugg this article.

Please create a username on DIGG.com and digg this article up.

This website is a good way to get immigration issues out to others, but we need to be cognizant of which articles we digg.

On the article website (baltmoresun.com) its to the right of the title

I put it in the health section of digg.com to get more exposure than political opinion. I also do really think that immigration affects our health in many ways.

http://digg.com/health/upcoming