Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think it's safe to say that there are still plenty of hard-working kids and adults today, in our country. The way of life today is generally easier than it was say 50 or 60 years ago. Again, for the majority of the population it is an easier way of life.

Some towns and counties in our country are already in crisis, but if the country in general goes into an even deeper recession/crisis (like 25% unemployment instead of 12-15%) then more and more people will be taking on manual labor jobs, whether they enjoy them or not.

redpony353 wrote:
    Whose kids are you talking about? Your kids? Because all of my family's kids and all of my friend's kids and also all of my co-workers friends ..do manual type labor. Many are sewer workers and mechanics. Some are street pavers and landscapers. Several are in construction. Maybe YOUR kids are afraid of work....but MY kids are not....NONE of the kids I know are afraid of ANY job.
    I was referring to, (example) those who would rather work in a Fast Food joint than get their hands dirty.
    is that more clear?
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    I think it's safe to say that there are still plenty of hard-working kids and adults today, in our country. The way of life today is generally easier than it was say 50 or 60 years ago. Again, for the majority of the population it is an easier way of life.

Some towns and counties in our country are already in crisis, but if the country in general goes into an even deeper recession/crisis (like 25% unemployment instead of 12-15%) then more and more people will be taking on manual labor jobs, whether they enjoy them or not.
    i'VE NOTICED THAT MYSELF.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    It's obvious that the newer generations are much less apt to do laboring jobs like we did when we were young. We can thank "Convenience" and "Technology" for this and not just the parents.
    The value of work is no longer there.

These days people just don't like dirty jobs.

I was born and raised on a Dairy Farm in Michigan. My Brother and I not just worked the barn and fields, we also did logging on weekends.
    While we did that, my Mother and sisters worked the garden, canned food, collected eggs, ect.
    Looking back, I don't recalled any of us complaining that any of this work was too hard. This was a way of life.
    And that goes for the other kids and families we knew.

As I got older, I perfered to do hard work. I ended up to be a Mechanic. I repair Lawn and Farm equipment. (engines)
    Whose kids are you talking about? Your kids? Because all of my family's kids and all of my friend's kids and also all of my co-workers friends ..do manual type labor. Many are sewer workers and mechanics. Some are street pavers and landscapers. Several are in construction. Maybe YOUR kids are afraid of work....but MY kids are not....NONE of the kids I know are afraid of ANY job.
    I was referring to, (example) those who would rather work in a Fast Food joint than too get their hands blistered and dirty.
    is that more clear?
    I dont know any kids who work in fast food joints. What is "clear" is that YOUR kids are lazy and afraid of hard work. And because of that, you are under the false impression that all American kids are just like your kids. Either that, or you have heard it so much through propaganda that you are just repeating it without thinking about it.

American kids are the most hard working kids on the globe, and they always have been. None of them are afraid of hard work, or even dirty work. I am tired of hearing people tear down our youth. They do not deserve that. And there are some jobs that are harder and dirtier than any measley farm job.

So before you go and speak ill of our very hard working American youth, I think you should put down the propanganda kool-aid that you have been drinking way too much of, and give some thought as to whether what you are saying is actually true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's obvious that the newer generations are much less apt to do laboring jobs like we did when we were young. We can thank "Convenience" and "Technology" for this and not just the parents.

I was born and raised on a Dairy Farm in Michigan. My Brother and I not just worked the barn and fields, we also did logging on weekends.
    While we did that, my Mother and sisters worked the garden, canned food, collected eggs, ect.
    Looking back, I don't recalled any of us complaining that any of this work was too hard. This was a way of life.

As I got older, I perfered to do hard work. I ended up to be a Mechanic. I repair Lawn and Farm equipment. (engines)
    I was referring to, (example) those who would rather work in a Fast Food joint than too get their hands blistered and dirty.
    is that more clear?
    I dont know any kids who work in fast food joints. What is "clear" is that YOUR kids are lazy and afraid of hard work. And because of that, you are under the false impression that all American kids are just like your kids. Either that, or you have heard it so much through propaganda that you are just repeating it without thinking about it.

American kids are the most hard working kids on the globe, and they always have been. None of them are afraid of hard work, or even dirty work. I am tired of hearing people tear down our youth. They do not deserve that. And there are some jobs that are harder and dirtier than any measley farm job.

So before you go and speak ill of our very hard working American youth, I think you should put down the propanganda kool-aid that you have been drinking way too much of, and give some thought as to whether what you are saying is actually true.
    I don't know why your taking offence. I apologize if I some how offended you. That was not my intentions. I wasn't saying that ANYONE was LAZY. I'm just saying that's the way things are compared to when I was young...which was over 45 years ago.
    ------------------------

is that more clear?

I don't know why your taking offence. I apologize if I some how offended you. That was not my intentions. I wasn't saying that ANYONE was LAZY. I'm just saying that's the way things are compared to when I was young...which was over 45 years ago.
    I think it should be obvious why I take offense. You are belittling American youth unfairly. I defend American youth because I know they are very hard working. I am tired of hearing how this new generation somehow is afraid of hard work. I have been working many many years....42 years to be exact. I have worked through my own generation of kids and a couple after that. American youths are not less hard working than in previous generations....it simply is not true. If anything, I think today's youth is a generation that works even harder than past generations. Many of them hold two jobs to make ends meet. You think our generation worked harder? No way. Not to say we are not good workers, but we were not harder workers than today's youth. AND DONT YOU FORGET IT!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As there is no link or way to check this out...I am going to say my BS meter is in the yellow zone...

yea lets talk about our youth.we buried a 20 year old soldier yesterday.that was killed in afghanistan. he is a native of warren co. tennessee.also known as the nursery capital of the world.we have a whole lot of farms here. and they are crawling with illeagal workers. funny how you never read about a illeagal. dying for our great country.ive been laid off work a little over a year.finally i got hired 2 weeks ago.to work for a fiberglass shop.that makes motor cycle trailers.Iron horse trailers.is the name.my 1st .day i come in they are full of mexican's they employed 12 workers 4 where american including me. i worked hard. was there every day.got there on time .left on time. i was summons to go to court wednessday mourning for childsupport.no biggie just a review.after court rushed back to work.just to be fired.infront of a bunch of illeagals. for somthing i didnt even do? its strange that in court i see all these out of work americans trying like hell to find and hold a job. and are being sent to jail.because there is no room for them in the work place.because places like this one and that one im telling yall from someone who is seriousally affected by this.it's time to start doing more.every day goes by they get more and more.and we get less and less .i cant put into words how i really feel because if i did.they probely would'nt let me post anything else on here...

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseetreman
    yea lets talk about our youth.we buried a 20 year old soldier yesterday.that was killed in afghanistan. he is a native of warren co. tennessee.also known as the nursery capital of the world.we have a whole lot of farms here. and they are crawling with illeagal workers. funny how you never read about a illeagal. dying for our great country.ive been laid off work a little over a year.finally i got hired 2 weeks ago.to work for a fiberglass shop.that makes motor cycle trailers.Iron horse trailers.is the name.my 1st .day i come in they are full of mexican's they employed 12 workers 4 where american including me. i worked hard. was there every day.got there on time .left on time. i was summons to go to court wednessday mourning for childsupport.no biggie just a review.after court rushed back to work.just to be fired.infront of a bunch of illeagals. for somthing i didnt even do? its strange that in court i see all these out of work americans trying like hell to find and hold a job. and are being sent to jail.because there is no room for them in the work place.because places like this one and that one im telling yall from someone who is seriousally affected by this.it's time to start doing more.every day goes by they get more and more.and we get less and less .i cant put into words how i really feel because if i did.they probely would'nt let me post anything else on here...
    I am so sorry. Was this your son? If so, I am sorry to hear that you lost your son this way. But you make a very good point. Who is it that is fighting overseas, putting their lives on the line every single day....and some are dying? OUR YOUTH. And it really irks me when I hear people say that our youth are lazy or are afraid of hard work. It is not true. Also, I know what you mean about the workplace being FULL OF ILLEGALS. It is time to put a stop to this.

I bet some of you have seen the show "Dirtist Jobs In America" and if that doesn't convince you Americans will do any dirty/dangerous job,sometimes for low pay,then you need to watch it online and get educated.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123