Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter From Senator Frist and reply to it!!!

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding comprehensive immigration reform. It is an honor to serve you as the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and a privilege to respond to your concerns.

Our nation's borders are broken and, as a result, there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens living in the United States -- most in the shadows of society. This is unacceptable, and Congress must act immediately and aggressively to stop this national disgrace. As a nation of immigrants who honor the rule of law, I believe we must first secure our borders as a part of any effort to reform our immigration policies.

As you know, the Senate recently approved a comprehensive immigration plan that will dramatically strengthen our borders. I am pleased to say that this legislation contains provisions that will begin construction of 370 miles of triple-layered fence and 500 miles of vehicle barrier at strategic locations along the southwest border. In addition, the bill authorizes the President's plan to use the National Guard for temporary, stopgap assistance for border patrol activities, and it declares English to be our national language.

While these are crucial steps in the right direction, much more work needs to be done. Congress must, and will, continue to increase funding for border security. Since 2000, Congress has increased funding for border security by 60 percent, including enough additional money to increase border patrol by 30 percent. And in the last 8 months, the Senate has approved nearly $12 billion to bolster security along the southern border, hire additional border patrol agents, and increase the number of detention beds.

In addition to securing our borders, our homeland security needs demand that we find a way to get those who are here illegally to come out of the shadows so we can know who they are, what they are doing and what their intentions are. Most of these illegal immigrants came here simply here to work -- not to do our country harm. But until we get everyone out of the shadows, we cannot be sure. This prevents our law enforcement resources from being focused on those few bad actors who wish us harm.

The Senate legislation addresses this issue by creating a temporary worker program which allows immigrants, who meet strict criteria, to stay and help our economy meet its labor needs. I do not support amnesty in any form. In fact, under the Senate plan, illegal immigrants who want to become legal residents must pass a national security and criminal background check, have worked in the U.S. 3 of the last 5 years, pay a $2,000 fine, demonstrate knowledge of the English language, register for Selective Service, and pay all federal and state taxes. If legal status is granted and the applicant eventually requests a green card, he or she is placed at the end of the line behind those who have played by the rules and waited their turn. I believe this approach honors our heritage as a nation of immigrants while maintaining the equally important principle of respect for the rule of law.

In the coming months ahead, it is my hope that the House and Senate will begin negotiations to craft a final immigration plan that can win passage in both chambers and be sent to the President for his approval. As Majority Leader, I will continue to work with my colleagues to address this critical problem. On the basis of sound immigration policy, we can protect our borders, strengthen our national security and provide the vital labor needed to help our economy grow.

Sincerely,

William H. Frist, M.D.
    Majority Leader
    United States Senate

Dear Senator Frist:
    First let me thank you for responding to my email regarding "illegal immigration". I believe the Senate version of their "Comprehensive Immigration Plan" is far out of touch with what the majority of Middle age upward citizens want. First of all, we do believe in "legal immigration". But we draw the line when you want to give any kind of a preference to illegal aliens in this country over the ones who have patiently waited in line to enter the country legally. We believe that Big Cooperation’s have had a big influence on the content of your legislation. Their goals are pure greed wanting slave laborers to work for them. Those who voted for your legislation have chosen their true color by choosing to betray Middle Class Americans, by allowing the illegal aliens access into the skilled labor market for a large decrease in salary, which has cost Americans their livelihood. I personally believe that unskilled legal immigrants job resources should be confined primary to our Agricultural needs. Most American companies needing skilled labor require American applicants to have at least two years of training before they will hire them. This should also apply to immigrants. If I had my way, for every illegal alien we deport, the legal quota would increase by one. Thank you for your time.
    Ed Cooper

Good letter! I would have been a lot tougher on him and called him out about the college and SS benefits he is willing to give to illegals. However, you got the point across.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Here's my letter from Sen. Frist:

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding comprehensive immigration reform. It is an honor to serve you as the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and a privilege to respond to your concerns.

Our nation's borders are broken and, as a result, there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens living in the United States -- most in the shadows of society. This is unacceptable, and Congress must act immediately and aggressively to stop this national disgrace. As a nation of immigrants who honor the rule of law, I believe we must first secure our borders as a part of any effort to reform our immigration policies.

As you know, the Senate recently approved a comprehensive immigration plan that will dramatically strengthen our borders. I am pleased to say that this legislation contains provisions that will begin construction of 370 miles of triple-layered fence and 500 miles of vehicle barrier at strategic locations along the southwest border. In addition, the bill authorizes the President's plan to use the National Guard for temporary, stopgap assistance for border patrol activities, and it declares English to be our national language.

While these are crucial steps in the right direction, much more work needs to be done. Congress must, and will, continue to increase funding for border security. Since 2000, Congress has increased funding for border security by 60 percent, including enough additional money to increase border patrol by 30 percent. And in the last 8 months, the Senate has approved nearly $12 billion to bolster security along the southern border, hire additional border patrol agents, and increase the number of detention beds.

In addition to securing our borders, our homeland security needs demand that we find a way to get those who are here illegally to come out of the shadows so we can know who they are, what they are doing and what their intentions are. Most of these illegal immigrants came here simply here to work -- not to do our country harm. But until we get everyone out of the shadows, we cannot be sure. This prevents our law enforcement resources from being focused on those few bad actors who wish us harm.

The Senate legislation addresses this issue by creating a temporary worker program which allows immigrants, who meet strict criteria, to stay and help our economy meet its labor needs. I do not support amnesty in any form. In fact, under the Senate plan, illegal immigrants who want to become legal residents must pass a national security and criminal background check, have worked in the U.S. 3 of the last 5 years, pay a $2,000 fine, demonstrate knowledge of the English language, register for Selective Service, and pay all federal and state taxes. If legal status is granted and the applicant eventually requests a green card, he or she is placed at the end of the line behind those who have played by the rules and waited their turn. I believe this approach honors our heritage as a nation of immigrants while maintaining the equally important principle of respect for the rule of law.

In the coming months ahead, it is my hope that the House and Senate will begin negotiations to craft a final immigration plan that can win passage in both chambers and be sent to the President for his approval. As Majority Leader, I will continue to work with my colleagues to address this critical problem. On the basis of sound immigration policy, we can protect our borders, strengthen our national security and provide the vital labor needed to help our economy grow.

Sincerely,

William H. Frist, M.D.
    Majority Leader
    United States Senate

P.S. Please visit http://frist.senate.gov to register for my e-mail newsletter.
    Real personal, huh? Don't you just love a generic letter.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dear Friend:

Sincerely,

William H. Frist, M.D.
    Majority Leader
    United States Senate

P.S. Please visit http://frist.senate.gov to register for my e-mail newsletter.

Here's my letter too

MW:

All of there letters aren't written by the politicans themselves. They are all canned messages written by their staff and every now and then you might get the same letter with a few things worded differently once in a while. I don't even bother to read mine anymore, I just throw them in the trash.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The comprehensive immigration reform bill was written by lawyers and it is an illegals dream! Who's lawyers are we talking about?

MW
    MW:

All of there letters aren't written by the politicans themselves. They are all canned messages written by their staff and every now and then you might get the same letter with a few things worded differently once in a while. I don't even bother to read mine anymore, I just throw them in the trash
    Yes, I know that - wasn't that the point I made by identifying the letter as generic?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most of these illegal immigrants came here simply here to work -- not to do our country harm
    Generally speaking I disagree with this. Some may not intend physical harm but by their shear numbers and disregard for our customs, language and sovereignty do much harm.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee