Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter:There is a Difference Between Legal and Illeg. Immig.

"Gwinnett (Ga.) Daily Post" - Saturday, June 20, 2009

6/20/2009 12:01:00 AM
    Letter: There is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants

Never have I seen such a deceitful letter than that by Jerry Gonzalez in which he lambasted Chairman Bannister's economic China-Korea economic development trip.

In his usual underhanded fashion, Gonzalez tries to deceive us into thinking that Chairman Bannister and the rest of the Gwinnett County Commission are against all immigrants because of the meager recent efforts to identify certain illegal aliens in our county. Gonzalez claims that our county must take "a more positive approach toward welcoming diversity" and he further claims that "Gwinnett County is not a welcoming place for immigrants." How absurd.

All one has to do is to look around and see diversity and the welcoming attitude toward immigrants of all races and all nationalities. Most of us have the quaint attitude that immigrants should not come illegally and if they do, should be removed.

The unmistakable primary goal of Jerry Gonzalez is to deceive us citizens into accepting illegal immigration as no different from legal immigration. Gonzalez lusts to gut our immigration laws, grant amnesty to all illegal aliens and grant legal status to all those who want to come here in the future. In short, he would make our national sovereignty and the rights of American citizenship null and void.

Beware of people like Jerry Gonzalez who demand that we not differentiate between immigrants who have followed the rules and immigrated legally and those who have broken multiple laws by coming here without our permission. Gonzalez routinely viciously attacks anyone such as Chairman Bannister in an attempt to browbeat into silence anyone who opposes his goal of complete amnesty for all illegal aliens.

His recent vicious and arrogant letters prove my point. He is attempting to use political correctness to force us to kneel in submission. I really don't think we need or want to let Jerry Gonzalez dictate our immigration policies to us.

Jerry Gonzalez owes us, and Chairman Bannister in particular, an apology for his deceitfulness and grossly inaccurate accusations.

- Ernest Wade

Loganville

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.a ... TM=540.903

Jerry Gonzalez is Executive Director of the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials (GALEO), and this is his letter:

Letter to the Gwinnett Daily Post: Gwinnett County Officials waste their time going to China to court foreign investment while county becomes more anti-immigrant

Found in www.gwinnettdailypost.com
    Written by Jerry Gonzalez
    Posted on 2009-06-17

I read with great interest your article about the Gwinnett County Chairman going to China to court foreign investment to come to Gwinnett County. I applaud the efforts to court foreign investment, but the Gwinnett County Commission needs to quit sending mixed signals. On the one hand, it wants Chinese foreign investment. On the other hand, it is posturing itself with anti-immigrant initiatives that will drive away immigrants and will make life more difficult for those who live in Gwinnett. I am sorry, but they cannot have it both ways. Gwinnett County Chairman is wasting his time unless Gwinnett County begins to take a more positive approach towards welcoming diversity. Right now, Gwinnett County is not a welcoming place for immigrants.

Jerry Gonzalez

Executive Director
    Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials (GALEO) &
    the GALEO Latino Community Development Fund
    P.O. Box 29506, Atlanta, Georgia, 30359
    Phone: 404.745.2580 / Fax: 404.759.2671 / website: http://www.galeo.org

Email: jerry@galeo.org

Contact Information
    Business Address:
    1100 Peachtree Street
    Suite 2800
    Atlanta, GA 30309

Mailing Address:
    P.O. Box 29506
    Atlanta, GA 30359

Office: 404.745.2580
    Fax: 404.759.2671
    Email: jerry@galeo.org

http://www.galeo.org/story.php?story_id=0000006252
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gonzalez claims that our county must take "a more positive approach toward welcoming diversity"
    No, Mr. Gonzalez, we DON"T need to take "a more positive approach toward welcoming diversity".

Illegal aliens need to have a more grateful attitude that we have let them remain here this long, and they need to go home now.

Since your interests are primarily ethnocentric - as evidenced by your group associations (GALEO) and actions that would help only your own ethnic group, while hurting the country in general - maybe you should leave the country with them.

Great letter and I'm thankful there are people like this letter writer who are willing to send letters to the editor of newpapers.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

I just spent an hour at that last link. What a load of OBL BS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Makes you think "hmmmmmmmmmmm"

What would happen if there was an Executive Director of White Elected Officials?

What would be the ACLU's response to a Congressional White Caucus?

I myself am a Japanese-American but politically identify with what were known but cannot be said as: "White Values".

Every race has its criminals, welfare queens and trailer trash. But why is it every minority special interest is protected and immune to criticism for what is based strictly in their own racial interests (La Raza, MECHA) but if whites are looking out for white interests , Holy Crap - it becomes an ACLU cause celebre' and it is called racism?

If you are anti-illegal immigration - you are a racist in today's politically correct America.

Amongst my close friends who totally despise the notion of illegal immigration - are 3rd, 4th generation Mexican-Americans because the illegals give them a bad rap.

In the Japanese-American community, anytime any Japanese-American commits a crime or generates negative notariety, we view it as an embarrassment to ourselves and put peer pressure on those families to get it straight or go away (Chinese-Americans take it step further, they hire hitmen to make bad teens disappear as to not embarrass their communities).

To be Japanese-American and demand welfare or demand special treatment is to be totally disgraced - I just wish the "other" community I can't specifically mention - had the same social sense of self.

Re: Makes you think "hmmmmmmmmmmm"

Quote Originally Posted by CaliVoter
    I myself am a Japanese-American but politically identify with what were known but cannot be said as: "White Values".
    More accurately you identify with Western Civilization, which was started by the Greeks. Not all white countries around the world embrace Western Civilization. Some non-white countries (ie. Taiwan) embrace Western Civilization even more than the US does.