Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from Wells Fargo

I recently wrote a letter to Wells Fargo ( my bank currently ) telling them that I would not be a customer for much longer because of their acceptance of the Matricula card for opening bank accounts. I just received this response:

Dear Tamarra :

We are exploring the possibility of offering unsecured credit cards to
    Wells Fargo checking account customers who do not have Social Security
    numbers. However, no decision has been made at this point.

We appreciate your business and thank you for banking with Wells Fargo.

Sincerely,
    Wendy Smith
    Wells Fargo
    Online Customer Service

Now, mind you, I didn't mention anything about the possibilty of opening credit cards with the Matricula. I find it interesting that Ms. Williams didn't even address anything that I wrote in my letter, but instead tried to go around the issue by saying that nothing has been set in stone. Hmmm.
    The federal government is our servant, not our master!
    Thomas Jefferson

Wells Fargo is feeling the heat- keep up the letters
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tamarra,

You got the smoke screen. Do they do that to their customers, when someone has their ID stolen and they call to shut down their account?

Not a very good business practice and just down right out and out poor customer service practices.

I would look for another bank that knows how to treat their customers and not ignore their question.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie,
    I'm in the process of joining the local credit union for Northern Nevada. They don't accept the card or anybody who doesn't have a social security number. Wells Fargo is a joke. I went in a few weeks ago to deposit some money. I was next in line, after waiting for about 15 minutes. When the bilingual teller opened up, she didn't call me to her window. Instead she took the guy that was in line behind me, because he didn't speak English. This was the final straw for me with Wells Fargo.
    The federal government is our servant, not our master!
    Thomas Jefferson