I just faxed this in to the Charlotte Observer. I suggest we all send letters, make phone calls and revive the silent majority !!!

For publication in Letters to the Editor:

Wake up America !! We are slowly be taken over by arrogant illegals carrying signs saying such things as "This country was stolen". They may prove cheap labor for a select few, however in doing so they are a tremendous financial strain to our welfare system, hospitals, prisons and schools. They provide no benefit to the US, as most of their earnings are sent back to Mexico.

North Carolina is one of a few states continuing the irresponsible practice of allowing ILLEGALS (possibly terrorists) to obtain a driver's license; giving them credentials to move about the US freely. North Carolina is now one of the largest hotbeds for illegals for this reason.

Our current leadership from Bush down put the lives of Americans at risk daily with the influx of potential terrorists and illegals, who knowingly enter this country as lawbreakers. For North Carolina it is time to replace Dole and Burr, who have done nothing to protect their constituents. I am sure N.C. has more to offer the US than those two Senators who remain in seclusion until the next election day draws near.