Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letters to the editor: May 29

Letters to the editor: May 29

12:00am on May 29, 2011; Modified: 7:56am on May 29, 2011

Entering country illegally is a crime in itself

A recent story on illegal aliens and deportation laws has me completely confused on exactly what the term "illegal" actually means.

The story reflected on several communities around the country, one of which was Lexington, that are part of the Secure Communities program. This program allows law enforcement to cross-reference someone arrested with the citizenship database to see whether they are here legally.

Sounds good to me. But many advocates are concerned this infringes on civil rights, will lead to racial profiling and deport people who have not even been convicted of a crime or have not committed a serious crime.

Are critics of this program actually saying entering the country illegally is not a crime in itself? Illegal aliens, by virtue of how they got here, have already committed a serious crime and really should not be given a single chance at breaking another law in the United States. How do they have any defense at all, whether found guilty or innocent of the crime with which they were originally charged, when simply breathing in the U.S. constitutes an illegal act?

Whatever the concerns are about the program, they should be utterly outweighed by the absolute fact that illegal aliens have already committed a serious crime. In fact, unless the new charge is extraordinarily serious, simply send them back to their country of origin so we can save taxpayer money to use on legal criminals.

Now that is an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

Michael Lawrence

Lexington

Deport more of them

In reference to a May 13 article: Only 41 illegal residents were deported? We need to see many more deportations than that in Lexington.

We have thousands of illegal residents here, and I do not understand why only 41 have been deported. It is illegal for them to be here. That is breaking the law and. I am so sick of pandering to illegal residents.

Their home countries would not tolerate us infiltrating there. And to those who say the Southwest belongs to Mexico: Baloney.

It is the people of this nation, our true citizens, who have made that area worth having. If it had remained under Mexican rule, it would be in the same dump Mexico is now and they would be saying the Midwest or the Southern states were theirs.

Let's stop making children who are born to illegal residents automatic citizens.

If the federal government refuses to do its job of securing our borders, then the states must rise to the occasion.

Patricia A. McCauley

Lexington

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/05/29/1756 ... z1NlFxwpCW
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"And they thought we wouldn't notice!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A recent story on illegal aliens and deportation laws has me completely confused on exactly what the term "illegal" actually means
    This is not by accident that the average American who doesn’t follow this issue might become “confused!â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    The ones that come in here illegally know its illegal or they wouldnt sneak in here and take up false names and reffuge.I think that anybody or any organization that helps them should be charged with harboring a criminal.

It is the people of this nation, our true citizens, who have made that area worth having. If it had remained under Mexican rule, it would be in the same dump Mexico is now and they would be saying the Midwest or the Southern states were theirs.
    A woman after my own heart...LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    A recent story on illegal aliens and deportation laws has me completely confused on exactly what the term "illegal" actually means
    This is not by accident that the average American who doesn’t follow this issue might become “confused!â€