Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OR: Liberal media minimize the immigration issue

Reader: Liberal media minimize the immigration issue
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A reader sent this note today:

I feel that for the most part the media is guilty of attempting to make the issue of illegal immigration seem to smaller than it is. The media fails for the most part to call the illegals illegal aliens but instead calls them immigrants. I'm sorry but I feel that a immigrant is a person who legally comes to this or any other country by following the rules of the country where they are attempting to go to.

The Millions of illegals that are here in the U.S.A., neither followed our laws or rules to get here nor are they following our rules or laws to get jobs while they are here. They suck the funds meant for citizens from us by the use of the Emergency room as a doctors office and by sending their kids to our schools to get an Education which is paid for by the citizen tax payers just to name a couple. The tax payers can not continue to pay for these charges and need help which we are not getting from our politicians here in Oregon nor in Washington D.C..

Our schools are always calling for more funds while the number of Latino students continues to increase (a large number being children of illegals).

As long as the Media muddies the water by making it seem like the law breaking illegals are just people who want a better life and are justified in breaking our laws to get it we will see no change in the problem but rather an increase in the problem. If we grant a path towards citizenship for these law breakers and their children we will be rewarding people for their illegal behavior and will just make the illegal problem get worse. Remember that Amnesty was given once before to nearly 3 Million illegals and now we have between 12 and 30+ Million illegals here now.

The Media needs to call the illegals either illegals or illegal aliens, not immigrants. Immigrants came to this country by following our laws not by breaking them. I'm insulted every time I see or hear the members of the media call illegals immigrants because they are any thing but immigrants. I feel that these individuals are law breakers and Invaders of our country. I also feel that I'm not alone in this feeling due to the reaction of the American people who have helped kill the Comprehensive Immigration Bills that have been in the U.S. Senate.

No new laws are needed to start fixing the problem of illegal aliens, we just need to enforce our existing laws. Saying that we can not deport Millions of illegals is not fair nor realistic as the media expresses a lot. A few States have shown that if the laws are enforced the illegals will leave all by themselves. The Media does need to stop playing to the special interest groups and start reporting the news in a real and honest way without political leanings or view points. I see in your paper all of the time the Liberal view point being expressed and I see a lot of people making comments on your forum board about your papers leaning on this and other issues.

Thank you for allowing me this chance to express myself.

posted by Dick Hughes
    http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pb ... 46/OPINION
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The liberal media would NOT be SO liberal if THEY HAD to LIVE in the SAME neighborhoods WITH the ILLEGALS as WE do!