Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Liberals" at Dem-Underground AGAINST illegal immi

Here is yet ANOTHER posting at the MOST LIBERAL democrat site on the web,and the largest. FERTILE recruiting ground!

Very FEW pro-illegal posts on the sob story, many ANGRY anti-illegal PRO BORDER posters!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... 89x6019069

Very interesting, surprising. I checked out some other threads on that site, on illegal immigration. Strangely, most I found were all from 2007 or before. I couldn't find anything more recent except the 2009 thread you posted here Arizonablues. But what was interesting is those older threads had mostly pro-illegal comments, very different tone than the recent 2009 thread you posted. I wonder if many of the libs on that site have changed their views about illegal immigration over the past 2 to 3 years? Maybe with increasing overwhelming evidence, they couldn't continue to deny the severity of the problem. Finally forced to face reality, they couldn't continue to accuse us pro-enforcement advocates of "racism".
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

good site and I left my message on the comments section
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I think a surprising number of liberal Democrats may be against illegal immigration. While many of these folks have a different interpretation or attitude about American laws and attitudes, they are not prepared to reward lawless behavior on a massive scale via amnesty.

The more cynical or die-hard Democrats may see political opportunity in the illegals, but I would think most simply want a fair, just, equal society. Amnesty does not meet any of those three requirements. The Ted Kennedys, the Pelosis, and the various anti-West intellectuals/artists (i.e. the Virgin Mary statue in urine guy) are on a level of their own.

Many considered Obama's election as furthering of the three goals above, but I think Obama's actions and policies will soon leave a sour taste in their mouths as he pursues policies that are less fair, less just, less egalitarian.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

endarkenment (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-09-09 02:21 PM
    Response to Reply #56
    58. we don't do our fair share
    our non-military foreign aid is an embarrassment. But never mind that, and never mind that we wrecked mexico's economy, and never mind that half of the west is mexico that we took from them, carry on.
    Looks like I got a reply to my comment. So now it is our fault Mexico is in poor condition too!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

We need to keep them updated and activated when amnesty rolls out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)