Liberty Candidate John Dennis Announces Challenge to Nancy Pelosi’s Congressional Seat

Joshua Cook 10 hours ago

John Dennis announced in a press release today that he is challenging U.S. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. Dennis is taking on on big issues like NSA spying, civil liberties, national debt and the economy. Dennis is an anti-war, pro-civil liberties candidate, who wants to bring common sense back to Washington.

Dennis told Joshua Cook, "These races are important, especially the high profile ones. We get to call out the most hypocritical politicians like Pelosi. I think it's important to take the opportunity to do that. It soothes my soul to be out there in the fight, fighting for the things that i believe in."

Cook asked: "Can we expect any of those great commercials to be coming out soon?"
"We always have a few things up our sleeves," Dennis said.
Dennis is known for his creative political ads seen in the video below.

From his press release:
John Dennis, the man the New York Times hailed as "…not the ordinary Republican candidate," has launched his new campaign to unseat House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi in California's 12th Congressional District.

Dennis, an independent businessman, first came to public attention in 2010 when he won the most expensive Republican congressional primary in San Francisco history by overcoming his opponent's $1.5 million advantage.

His emphasis on the protection of individual liberty, along with his advocacy of free markets and a return to Constitutional principles won him support across the political spectrum, from U.S. Rep. Ron Paul and former Congressman Barry Goldwater Jr. to former San Francisco Supervisors Tony Hall and Matt Gonzales.

The left-wing weekly The Nationnoted, "He offers voters a choice that has meaning in a liberal district…The bottom line is that Dennis poses a credible alternative to Pelosi."

"I understand the difficulty of taking on an entrenched politician," said Dennis, "but Pelosi's continued support for the NSA's surveillance of Americans, for keeping troops in Afghanistan, for ignoring the federal debt, and for Obamacare, with all its failures, have disenchanted San Francisco voters. A credible opponent to Pelosi with my positions and established name ID can tap into that disenchantment."

In his two previous congressional bids, Dennis holds the distinction of having won more votes than any Republican challenger to Pelosi in history. What else drives him to make another uphill run? As he told The Weekly Standard, "Is there any concession speech you'd rather see more than Nancy Pelosi's?"

Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/02/li...essional-seat/