Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

A LIE ABOUT BORDER SECURITY

I received this form letter from the Whitehouse on Border Security...I'm sure you all recived it as well. Anyway have a laugh

Thank you for writing about your concern regarding border security. The problem of illegal immigration is a big challenge and you can be assured that this Administration will continue to take every possible step to build upon the progress already made in strengthening our borders.

Under President Bush, funding for border security and interior enforcement has already more than doubled, from $4.8 billion in 2001 to $10.9 billion this year. In his budget request for next year, the President requested $11.8 billion.

More than $1.5 billion was appropriated over the last two years for the construction of fencing and other border infrastructure. As of mid-August, there were 103.5 miles of fence and 84 miles of vehicle barriers along the Southern border. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is actively making preparations for and building more fencing to have 370 miles in place by the end of 2008.

We will also double the size of the Border Patrol by the end of next year. The Border Patrol has expanded from approximately 9,000 agents in 2001 to more than 14,300 agents in August 2007. We will add another 1,000 by the time this year is out. In next year’s budget request, the President has also requested $648 million to hire another 3,000 agents so when he leaves office he will leave a Border Patrol over 18,000 strong.

Since 2001, the Administration has provided funding for nearly 7,800 new beds to detain apprehended illegal immigrants – a 40 percent increase. Because of the increased space, in August 2006, the Administration ended the long-held practice of “catch and releaseâ€

Yep, I just got it too...same old Bush rhetoric isn't it?

What a bunch of bull. I see they fail to mention that we already have 9 guest worker programs. This is just an excuse to try to legalize all the criminals in this country illegally.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Yes yes yes...the same old lip service while the Mexican trucks roll!

Translation: "blah blah blah..."

Just read between the lines. If their lips are moving it spells amnesty..
    "We are being destroyed from within"

"...without amnesty" - Who do they think they are kidding? A skunk by any other name smells just as bad, and if it looks like amnesty, acts like amnesty, and has the same results as amnesty, then it's amnesty, no matter what they call it!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman