Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Limbaugh: Judge Hanen's Brilliant Takedown of Obama's Amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Limbaugh: Judge Hanen's Brilliant Takedown of Obama's Amnesty

February 18, 2015
    Rush Limbaugh

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, this Texas judge, I want to move back to the Texas judge because things are a little different today than what I believed to be the case yesterday. I will admit, I will acknowledge that I remember saying yesterday that it might have been possible that the Fifth Circuit court would rule on the appeal against the Texas judge by the Regime by the end of the day yesterday, and that did not happen. A lot of people were surprised.

I did make a big deal of saying that the judge's ruling against Obama's executive amnesty was not so much about substance. In a strict sense, that was right. However, Reuters has a story today, and they are clearly not happy. The headline to the story is: "Texas Judge's Immigration Rebuke May be Hard to Challenge." This judge wrote a 128-page opinion in rebuking Obama's executive amnesty. Some of it is brilliant. Some of it is just ice cold, cold blue steel brilliant, in tying the Regime's hands.

Here's how Reuters describes this. "President Barack Obama's administration faces a difficult and possibly lengthy legal battle to overturn a Texas court ruling that blocked his landmark immigration overhaul, since the judge based his decision on an obscure and unsettled area of administrative law, lawyers said.

"In his ruling on Monday that upended plans to shield millions of people from deportation, US District Judge Andrew Hanen avoided diving into sweeping constitutional questions or tackling presidential powers head-on. Instead, he faulted Obama for not giving public notice of his plans. The failure to do so, Hanen wrote, was a violation of the 1946 Administrative Procedure Act, which requires notice in a publication called the Federal Register as well as an opportunity for people to submit views in writing."

What happened here, what the judge is actually saying is that the president acted legislatively, and he does not have that power. Then he went on to point out that the president did not publish notice of his intention and give the public time to comment.

"The ruling, however narrow, marked an initial victory for 26 states that brought the case alleging Obama had exceeded his powers with executive orders that would let up to 4.7 million illegal immigrants stay without threat of deportation. 'It's a very procedural point -- that he did this too quickly,' said Michael Kagan, a law professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas."

Analysts are now saying this judge is craftier and smarter than people originally thought because people began to analyze it really before they read all 128 pages of opinion. And this is -- appears to be obscure, what do you mean, he didn't publish this? He didn't give public notice. Well, they got Al Capone on tax evasion, not murder. "Are you saying that Obama's like Al Capone?" Yes, but I didn't intend to. Don't get mad at me. Just a little comedy here, folks, as I seek another award.

"Hanen's ruling left in disarray US policy toward the roughly 11 million people in the country illegally. Obama said on Tuesday he disagreed with the ruling and expected his administration to prevail in the courts." But others have looked at it, the attorney general of Texas has looked at it, and he's saying I don't see how the Regime wins this. I mean, based on Obama's own words, I don't see how they win this. Obama said on 22 previous occasions he doesn't have the authority to do what he's trying to do here.

So he's saying this whole case could be sunk by Obama's own words, by Obama's own acknowledgement on previous occasions, that he does not have this power. "The US Justice Department was preparing an appeal of Hanen's temporary injunction to the 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans, Obama said. The court could consider an emergency request to block Hanen's ruling, potentially within days, although most of the 23 judges on the court were appointed by Republican presidents."

So you know what's happening? They are court shopping. The Regime is now trying to get this shifted from the Fifth Circuit say to the DC circuit or to some more friendly liberal circuit. They are doing that. You knew it would happen. They are doing it.

Now, there's also something somewhat humorous about this. The Walter Cronkite, I'm told here, of Hispanic news, Jorge Ramos, says here -- what is this? This is Breitbart News: "Jorge Ramos, arguably the most prominent pro-amnesty advocate in today’s media landscape, believes that a federal judge’s injunction against President Barack Obama’s executive amnesty 'defines who is against immigrants in the US.

"He suggested on Tuesday that Latino voters in particular would take their anger out at Republicans in 2016. 'The Texas decision clearly defines who is against immigrants in the US,' Ramos said. 'Latino voters will remember; 2016 is not that far away.' He also declared that Judge Andrew Hanen, who issued the injunction, 'won’t have the final word' on the matter."

So it's almost like a threat from the Walter Cronkite of Hispanic news. "Jorge Ramos Warns Latino Voters Will Remember." Yes. Latino voters will not forget this slight, this judge's ruling. They will remember all the way to 2016.

END TRANSCRIPT

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...bama_s_amnesty
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jorge Ramos is a perfect example of why we not only must stop illegal immigration, we must pass a 10 year moratorium on all new immigration and do so now. The problems in America are not self-inflicted by citizens, they are promoted by people who are immigrants of one type or another, people who do not feel part of America unless they are on a state or government sponsored gravy train, who believe freedom means being above the law, who have spent their lives whining for something that belonged to someone else, or lining their pockets off drug cartel money that at the end of the day is the primary sponsor of illegal immigration, all the rest are just facades to protect the cartels and their paypals. Not all immigrants are like this, but as we can see, enough are that it's a problem that can only be fixed by stopping all new immigration for at least 10 years.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This means that if rule of law applies at all in America (which it truly does not) 11 million+ aliens need to have deportations started immediately!!!!!! That would demonstrate a lawful America, something not demanded by Americans for 3 decades I hear much conversation about this, but no demands to enforce law, huh?

Let's get started!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    This means that if rule of law applies at all in America (which it truly does not) 11 million+ aliens need to have deportations started immediately!!!!!! That would demonstrate a lawful America, something not demanded by Americans for 3 decades I hear much conversation about this, but no demands to enforce law, huh?

Let's get started!
    Absolutely! Since when do we allow fugitives to protest and rally in public squares and in front of capitol buildings? Since when do we allow fugitives to roam the halls of our Capitol buildings and corral members of Congress and state legislatures? Since when do we catch and release criminals without a sizable bond to ensure they show up for their hearing? Since when do we allow churches to harbor fugitives?

It's time to get the deportations started, acknowledge the rights of states and local law enforcement to enforce US immigration law, expedite the deportation hearing which needs to be based solely on whether they have a current visa or green card or if by some mistake they are a US citizen, that's it, not waste immigration court time with trying to prove you have other potential arguable rights to enter our country, citizenship excepted, that's something they can address through normal channels from their land of citizenship after they are deported and wish to make an attempt to re-enter on some grounds.

If the vast resources of our states and local law enforcement apply themselves to arresting illegal aliens and preparing them for expedient and speedy deportation hearings, we can this mess cleaned up and most of them removed in less than a month with no additional cost outside of the direct cost to transport them home. Once this starts, many will leave on their own and self-deport, because they can go as a family with their belongings. Uhaul will love it!
    Last edited by Judy; 02-19-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    What happened here, what the judge is actually saying is that the president acted legislatively, and he does not have that power. Then he went on to point out that the president did not publish notice of his intention and give the public time to comment.

Analysts are now saying this judge is craftier and smarter than people originally thought because people began to analyze it really before they read all 128 pages of opinion.... He [Obama] didn't give public notice. Well, they got Al Capone on tax evasion, not murder.

But others have looked at it, the attorney general of Texas has looked at it, and he's saying I don't see how the Regime wins this. I mean, based on Obama's own words, I don't see how they win this. Obama said on 22 previous occasions he doesn't have the authority to do what he's trying to do here.
    OK, I'm one of the people who is flabbergasted by Hanen's opinion. Not only is this guy smarter than many people thought, he's also a careful reader and a careful writer. Bravo!
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    [W]hat the judge is actually saying is thatthe president acted legislatively, and he does not have that power. Then hewent on to point out that the president did not publish notice of his intentionand give the public time to comment.

Analysts are now saying this judge is craftier and smarter than peopleoriginally thought because people began to analyze it really before they readall 128 pages of opinion.... He [Obama] didn't give public notice. Well, theygot Al Capone on tax evasion, not murder.

[T]he attorney general of Texas has looked at it, and he's saying Idon't see how the Regime wins this.... Obama said on 22 previous occasions he doesn't have theauthority to do what he's trying to do here.

OK, I'm one of the people who is flabbergasted by Hanen's opinion. Not only is this guy smarter than many people thought, he's also a careful readerand a careful writer. Bravo!
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

[/QUOTE]