Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lincoln Students Face Suspension for Letting Green Cards Fly

OMAHA (KPTM)- A group of Lincoln East High School students are in trouble for what some are calling a 'racist' celebration following the school's state soccer title Tuesday night.

Tens of dozens of students and fans rushed the field after the varsity boy's soccer team beat Omaha South High School in overtime.

As the group stormed the field, dozens of "green" index cards were thrown into the air, an apparent racial slight to the immigration status of Omaha South players. Nearly 60 percent of that school's student body is Hispanic.

"I thought it was confetti, but once I saw it close up I saw it was green cards. To me, there had to be a point to it," said Omaha South mid–fielder Manuel Lira. "It was planned. It's not as if they started cutting paper there at the field, they brought the cards with them."

Other Omaha South students and staff were just as outraged Wednesday.

"It happens more than you know. Maybe not physically, but sometimes statements that are made," said school Principal Cara Riggs.

Lincoln East officials told FOX 42 they believe only one or two fans were actually responsible for throwing the cards. It wasn't immediately clear if those fans were students, although a number of students are facing suspension for coming up with the idea in the first place, according to Associate Principal Dennis Mann.

"It's a black eye," said Mann. "We feel like we're back several decades...a vast majority of our students are deeply ashamed."

Mann said a large portion of the student body spent Wednesday thinking of ways to make amends with Omaha South students. He says it is unfortunate the team's undefeated season is being tarnished because of the actions of a few fans.

The student's involved–the school isn't releasing their names–will be suspended and write letters of apology.

http://www.kptm.com/global/story.asp?s=12511553
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

I don't believe this was a racist statement, but rather one regarding foreign workers. I applaud them for bringing this blight to public attention.
    <div>
    </div>

So the students are racist against green people? Those complaining are such spoiled inane children.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know I hate to say it but I applaud all the kids in our schools that are coming up with their own ideas of protest. My husband has been saying for a long time that our kids are to PC, that they are going to have too start standing up and protesting.

For all of the ones saying it is racist, I say it is simply BAS (Battered American Syndrome).

I have watched it unfold in California. We have been racially profiled for years by the color of our skin. If someone is fair skinned, blond, blue eyed you are called a Gringo, or Anglo. It is license for Mexican men to leer and sexually harass women. Forget that you might also be Cherokee, Blackfoot and Choctaw, it doesn't matter you got the light gene so you are the enemy, you don't belong here.

I have watched and listened to my children and grandchildren as they have complained at the treatment they receive at the hands of Mexicans. Yes, I said Mexican because that is the fact. No other nationality has bullied and treated our kids so badly.

I remember when my grandaughter came home from her first day at high school upset, because she had been assigned a locker in a hallway that the Mexicans kids had taken over. In fear of being beat up she had to share a locker with a friend in another locker.

I've heard kids complain because they didn't get lunch because the Mexicans would cut in front of them in line and then let the rest of their friends cut in.

I remember one girl being pulled out of her car and beaten by Mexican girls simply because she spoke to a Mexican boy.

The list goes on and on. When I would say "Why don't you kids stand up for your rights or why do you let this happen" I got two responses, it was either because the Mexican kids would not fight one on one, they would all attack you. The other was the fear of being suspended from school for fighting.

Our government has been so PC and above it all that they do not see or care what our children have been enduring. The media is quick to put stories out there about the poor Mexican kids while ignoring the ordeal American kids go through.

Now everyone can come out critize the kids for being out of control, for being racist, etc. Well I say it is our fault, especially our schools and our government. Everyone was so busy being PC, worring about the poor families of Mexican Illegal immigrants that we failed to see that our schools and streets were a safe environment for our kids.

Attorney's get out the law books because I see it coming "I am not responsible for being racist or any hate" it is really because of the Battered American Syndrome.

Early amnesty celebration, perhaps? Green cards for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
    Early amnesty celebration, perhaps? Green cards for everyone?
    Maybe that's why the other school is so POed, they don't have green cards and are sore about the American kids rubbing that in their face?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I didn't know illegal was a race!

i dont get it why didn't your family report this to the school superintendent. why did't you get one of the major local news to report this?

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    You know I hate to say it but I applaud all the kids in our schools that are coming up with their own ideas of protest. My husband has been saying for a long time that our kids are to PC, that they are going to have too start standing up and protesting.

For all of the ones saying it is racist, I say it is simply BAS (Battered American Syndrome).

I have watched it unfold in California. We have been racially profiled for years by the color of our skin. If someone is fair skinned, blond, blue eyed you are called a Gringo, or Anglo. It is license for Mexican men to leer and sexually harass women. Forget that you might also be Cherokee, Blackfoot and Choctaw, it doesn't matter you got the light gene so you are the enemy, you don't belong here.

I have watched and listened to my children and grandchildren as they have complained at the treatment they receive at the hands of Mexicans. Yes, I said Mexican because that is the fact. No other nationality has bullied and treated our kids so badly.

I remember when my grandaughter came home from her first day at high school upset, because she had been assigned a locker in a hallway that the Mexicans kids had taken over. In fear of being beat up she had to share a locker with a friend in another locker.

I've heard kids complain because they didn't get lunch because the Mexicans would cut in front of them in line and then let the rest of their friends cut in.

I remember one girl being pulled out of her car and beaten by Mexican girls simply because she spoke to a Mexican boy.

The list goes on and on. When I would say "Why don't you kids stand up for your rights or why do you let this happen" I got two responses, it was either because the Mexican kids would not fight one on one, they would all attack you. The other was the fear of being suspended from school for fighting.

Our government has been so PC and above it all that they do not see or care what our children have been enduring. The media is quick to put stories out there about the poor Mexican kids while ignoring the ordeal American kids go through.

Now everyone can come out critize the kids for being out of control, for being racist, etc. Well I say it is our fault, especially our schools and our government. Everyone was so busy being PC, worring about the poor families of Mexican Illegal immigrants that we failed to see that our schools and streets were a safe environment for our kids.

Attorney's get out the law books because I see it coming "I am not responsible for being racist or any hate" it is really because of the Battered American Syndrome.
    <div>Stop the Anchor Baby project illegals used to freeload taxpaying American Citizens! </div>