Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Lindsey Graham: 2016 likely lost, but stopping Donald Trump can save GOP

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lindsey Graham: 2016 likely lost, but stopping Donald Trump can save GOP

Lindsey Graham: 2016 likely lost, but stopping Donald Trump can save GOP

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., speaks during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, in this Jan. 21, 2016, file photo. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh, File) more >

Kasich Courts Voters in Wisc. (Associated Press)
    Washington Timestan
    By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times -
    Thursday, March 24, 2016

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said Thursday that his party will probably lose the presidential race to Democrat Hillary Clinton no matter who gets the nomination, but stopping Donald Trump would at least “salvage a party that I love.”

“If Trump is the standard bearer, it’s not about 2016. It’s about losing the heart and soul of the conservative movement,” Mr. Graham said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

Mr. Graham dropped out of the presidential race and reluctantly threw his support behind Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who has become the GOP establishment’s go-to candidate to stop the front-running Mr. Trump.

He said Mr. Cruz was the only candidate who had a “fighting chance” of beating Mrs. Clinton in the general election.
    “Here’s my concern: We can lose in 2016, and we probably will,” he said. “Trump gets wiped out. Ted makes it competitive. I don’t know if he can beat her or not, but at least we’ll have a fighting chance.”

The South Carolina senator said that Mr. Trump and his harsh rhetoric would lose women and Hispanic voters in the election, possibility driving them from the Republican Party for years to come.

He also faulted Mr. Trump for appealing to people such as David Duke, a former Grand Wizard in the Ku Klux Klan who said he supports some ofMr. Trump’s agenda.

“I’m not going to stand behind a guy that gets David Duke’s support. What is it about Trump’s campaign that David Duke likes,” Mr. Grahamsaid. “I don’t think he is a reliable conservative Republican. So it is no longer about winning the election for me. It is about trying to salvage a party that I love and conservatism as I know it.”
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ing-donald-tr/

Oh you totally silly nilly. Trump is going to win the nomination, and then he's going to win the General Election. As much I know you can't stand the thought of addressing this man as Mr. President, you'll have to swallow your Loser Pride and do so or resign from the Senate. Hey! There's your out, Lindsey, GET OUT. Submit your resignation and go be what you were born to be, a Stand Up Comedian. I'm serious, you'd be really good at that.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah, "save the GOP" for the elites in the Establishment - the neocons like Kristol and Graham. But it will destroy the GOP for the rank and file, the real patriotic Americans who will NOT vote for any of their open borders globalist hand-picked candidates and who will most likely leave the party if they try to steal the nomination from Trump.

The GOP needs an enema to purge it of the disgusting pieces of neocon excrement like Graham, Kristol and Romney who are masquerading as human beings!! They need to go back to the leftist- fascist dimocrat party where they belong!! In another time, traitors to our Republic like them would have been hanged.
    Last edited by patbrunz; 03-26-2016 at 11:32 AM.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

We're taking our party back. We've let these liars, thieves and traitors run our party into the ground. They'll be the ones leaving, not US. We're going win this election with Trump as our candidate and rebuild the GOP back into something every American feels welcome in with policies and platforms that protect all our liberties and protect our country for all Americans. That was what our party was created to do, that's what it did for many many years, and that's what it will do again.

So this handful of losers who think they can steal elections from the people of our party and our country who voted in our primaries, they need to be packing their bags.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I sincerely hope you are right, Judy!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Me too!! I have enormous confidence in the will and character of the American People including the real base of the Republican Party. We've all known for a long time our party was not in tune with us any more. It's been frustrating trying to figure out how to make it proper and good again. Then Trump shows up and he's not only the messenger on a scale we could never be, he's the driver of a train we could never assemble on our own. It's a blessing of monumental significance. Lets work hard, stay tough and true, and get this Trump Train to the station!!