Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: LIVE Stream: President-Elect Donald Trump Rally in Orlando, FL 12/16/16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump thanks Florida at Orlando rally

December 16, 2016
    Steven Lemongello

Donald Trump exulted in his victory before a crowd of more than 11,000 people in Orlando on Friday night, part of the president-elect’s “U.S.A. Thank You Tour” of states he won in November.

Speaking on a cool evening on an outdoor stage filled with Christmas trees at the Central Florida Fairgrounds, Trump told the story of how he came to defeat Hillary Clinton on Election Night.

“I’m here today for one main reason, to say ‘thank you’ to the incredible people of Florida,” Trump told the crowd, who chanted back “Thank you Trump” along with the usual “Lock her up” and “Drain the swamp.”

“In many ways, Florida is my second home. In many ways, its my first home,” Trump said.

Trump joked about the crowd, saying that the fire marshal stopped letting people in because of worries about a “stampede.”

“That’s pretty good when you can’t get into a field,” Trump said. “That’s how many people we have, they’re worried about a stampede. At least we know it’ll be a friendly stampede.”

Trump thanked Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi for support as well, calling them “terrific people.”

In Florida, “we did fantastically well with the African American community, we did fantastically well with the Hispanic community,” Trump said. “There’s a lot of people here tonight from the Indian community. Hindus, we did great with the Hindus. And we did well with women.”

He said “America will also stand with the Cuban people in their long struggle for freedom. Their support has been unbelievable. The Cuban people. We know what we have to do, and we’ll do it. Don’t worry about it.”

Trump spent much of the speech talking about about how the polls and news media did not think he would win, going into detail about how he found out about each of his state victories on Nov. 8.

Trump said his voters were "great people, these are smart people, these are hardworking people. These are people who haven’t voted in a long time. But you know what? They saw, they heard … They came out, and [experts] had no clue what the hell happened."

He also remarked on how the image of his rallies has changed.

“You were nasty and mean and vicious, and you wanted to win,” he said. “Now, the same crowd … You’re laid back and mellow and basking in the glory of victory.”

Trump also mentioned the attacks on Pulse nightclub in June, saying, "Let me keep this as clearly as I can: I am going to keep radical Islamic terrorists the hell out of our country."

Pulse shooter Omar Mateen, however, was born in Queens.

Trump pledged once again to suspend immigration from regions where immigrants "cannot be safely processed" through "extreme vetting."

The president-elect also promised less foreign interventions.

Instead of rebuilding foreign nations, its time to rebuild our nation,” Trump said. “For too loing we’ve been moving from one reckless intervention to another. Countries you have never even heard of before. It’s reckless and it’s going to stop.”

His talk of foreign entanglements didn’t get a real cheer from the crowd, though, until he talked about Syrians – who he has said would no longer be allowed in the U.S. as refugees.

“We’re not having them come over here, we’re going to build safe zones in Syria,” he said. “And we’re going to get the Gulf states to pay for the safe zones.”

Trump also alluded to his previous comments about banning flag-burning, which has been criticized on First Amendment grounds.

“I don’t like when I see people burning our flag,” he said. “I don’t like it and we’re going to try doing something about it.”

The president-elect talked about bringing jobs back to America by revising trade deals and embarking on a $1 trillion rebuilding of the nation’s bridges, roads and other infrastructure.

He said he would work for every American.

“My message tonight is, we are all Americans, and we are all united by one shared destiny,’’ he said.

Beforehand, supporters surrounded the outdoor stage at the fairgrounds as the sun set, waving “Women for Trump” and holding “Make Christmas Great Again” signs.

“I’m thrilled with Trump’s approach to political correctness,” said Paul Zahl of Winter Garden. “The fact that it’s a ‘Merry Christmas’ thank you tour is enough to make me vote for the man.”

“Plus,” he added, “It’s a hoot! It’s like a rock concert.”

Aileen Milton, president of The Villages Tea Party, was there interviewing people for The Villages Conservative Media. Her husband, Tom, “just had a defibrillator put in. He hasn’t had his stitches taken out yet.”

“Want to see the scars?” he asked.

But Pam and Jim Oliver were there for Vice President-elect Mike Pence, their governor, who attended the rally as well. They were in Orlando on vacation from Indiana and decided at the last minute to come out and see him.

Trump also was scheduled to be at a $5,000-a-plate Transition Finance Committee fundraiser at an undisclosed location in Orlando. Trump spokesman Christopher Harvin would not give any details beyond saying it was closed to media.

A separate $35,000-a-plate fundraiser for the Republican National Committee was set for Orlando on Friday as well, reports said.

The rally opened to the public just as news was reported that the FBI and director of national intelligence agreed with the CIA’s assessment that Russia interfered with the election by hacking the Democratic National Committee to help Trump. Trump has said he did not believe the CIA.

Ron Garsky of The Villages said he did not believe the assessments, either.

“I don’t think Russia had anything to do with any of it,” Garsky said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...216-story.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you for the beautiful pictures Jean and thank you GeorgiaPeach for the great report of Trump's speech!! It was tremendous rally! So many people, wonderful weather, so nice to see the Christmas trees!!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump-Pence Rally in Orlando, FL=> Live On Scene Reports

Kristinn Taylor Dec 16th, 2016 5:51 pm

President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence are holding the next to last stop on the Thank You USA post-election tour Friday evening in Orlando, Florida.

Reported to be joining Trump and Pence at the rally are Governor Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi.

The rally is being held at the Central Florida Fairgrounds Amphitheater where Trump held a campaign rally on November 2 as part of a successful blitz of rallies in the Sunshine State election week.

The Gateway Pundit’s Florida Man, Kristinn Taylor, will be updating this report as the rally proceeds.

Kristinn Taylor
    ‏@KristinnFR
    Several boxes of signs went in minutes @realDonaldTrump Orlando FL rally

Kristinn Taylor
    ‏@KristinnFR
    Amphitheater hill will be packed by start of @realDonaldTrump Orlando FL rally 10,000 estimated capacity.

Kristinn Taylor
    ‏@KristinnFR
    Man on a mission @realDonaldTrump Orlando FL rally.

Kristinn Taylor
    ‏@KristinnFR
    Merry Christmas from the @realDonaldTrump Orlando FL rally.

Kristinn Taylor
    ‏@KristinnFR
    Family night @realDonaldTrump Orlando FL rally

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...scene-reports/

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Thank you for the beautiful pictures Jean and thank you GeorgiaPeach for the great report of Trump's speech!! It was tremendous rally! So many people, wonderful weather, so nice to see the Christmas trees!!!

You are most welcome Judy. We all look forward to these great rallies and events held by President Elect Trump.

Thank you Jean for all the pictures you find and put up for us to see. I do like to read the comments, too. A couple of the pictures with all of the trees and our soon to be President standing among them to celebrate Christmas were beautiful.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 4 hours ago
    Thank you Florida. My Administration will follow two simple rules: BUY AMERICAN and HIRE AMERICAN! #ICYMI- Watch: https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump...8310632295725/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12